Thread: Bulldog .44 and a Webley

Post Bulldog .44 and a Webley

Just bought a Forehand & Wadsworth .44 cal. "British Bulldog" ( yes I know they are U.S. made. Just marked and marketed as a "British Bulldog ) Don't have it in my hand yet. The seller has another in .32 cal for sale :

http://sassnet.com/forums/index.php?...&#entry2104724

Also a Webley that belongs to a friend. The lanyard ring had been ground off and I'm going to replace that for him. Is this a MK V ? I'm not very familiar with models other than the MK VIs of which I have a couple. The file handle in the small picture points to where someone has ground of the . . . . ( don't know just what it would be called ) off.

See them at : www.drburkholter.com/cf18.html

2. Default

That's a MK IV. Replacing the hinge screw would be more important than the lanyard ring. The 44 F&W bulldogs are the rarest of the 3 models. The parts are a little soft, so don't shoot it too much.

I have no idea why the hinge screw would have been ground off. Very smoothly done.

4. Default

I wonder if it didn't get wedged by being put in to the wrong side.

Are you Forehand and Wadsworth centre fire, I have one in .41 and another in .32 but both of mine are rime fire.

Jim

Forehand & Wadsworth made single action spur trigger models in rimfire calibers. Their British Bulldog model was double action and center fire.

Mine are double action rimfire according to their literature they made both.
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by 1MXJIM View Post
    Mine are double action rimfire according to their literature they made both.
    Jim
    You are correct: F&W also made a double action rimfire revolver in 1870s in .32, .38, and .41 calibers. It preceded their British Bulldog model, and was a smaller design, with a removable ejector rod stored in the center pin which was often lost. Thay are usually marked with June 1871 and October 1873 patent dates.