Gunboards Forums banner

Yugo M57 replacement barrels

17K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  rcbif 
#1 ·
My Gander Mountain Yugo M57 has the usual manual safety problems of not allowing the trigger to reset( I'm working on it) and it shoots about 12 inch groups at 25 feet. My question is will any other TT barrels replace my M57 barrel? I know the barrel link is different but can be switched.
I know I should deep six this thing but for some reason I like it.

TIA

#2 ·
I found a norinco 7.62 barrel at Keng's, a tt33 pin at milsurp and need a link. Can you help? The norinco barrel is nicely blued. I'm fighting the same inaccuracy, 24 inch groups at 10 yards. Working on trigger a little at a time. Most of the inaccuracy I believe to be from the hard trigger. Reloads are a bit more accurate.

#3 ·
your 12 inch groups I suspect are from the 27 pound trigger pull like mine.....my buddy told me to go slow and steady on the ******* tractor pull of a trigger and I closed the groups to 4 inches one day at the range. Get the trigger pull tested, and then you can stone the hammer or get it done.

#4 ·
My Gander Mountain Yugo M57 has the usual manual safety problems of not allowing the trigger to reset( I'm working on it) and it shoots about 12 inch groups at 25 feet.
TIA
Hi, If you got one from Gander Mtn. return it to them and have their gun smith fix it. They stand behind their guns. Unless you have a pitted barrel I don't see why you should have big groups. As "bounce "suggested maybe trigger pull or ammo. Regards, Mike

#5 ·
There was a post elsewhere, claiming the bushings are a little large. They said the aftermarket compensators helped.
Another post said a 1911 barrel manufacturer was going to come out with a competition grade replacement soon for the M57's. We'll see.
Of course, none of this helps with a trigger problem.

#7 ·
I put a norinco 213 9mm barrel in mine w/bushing and it worked fine. I've never had any accuracy problems with the two I have. The hard trigger can also be caused by that damn safety! My disconnector was hanging just a little on it and made the pull terrible. Did you try removing the safety and firing the gun? That should give you some idea where to start. I hate to see anyone give up on these pistols, as they are really very good when you get the safety sorted out.

#10 ·
i temporarily installed, function checked and fired my M57 with a Romy TTC barrel/link because my SOG M57 was sent to me without a barrel link. You have to use the entire barrel/link combo from the other tok models though because while the components have differing individual geometries, the resultant combination of parts are compatible.

#11 ·
Thanks for the replies to the barrel exchange. I've read on other boards that the hammer group should interchange, also. BTW, I meant the hammer group earlier; I guess that my time with the Mosins and SKSs has programmed the phrase "trigger group" into my sometimes feeble synapse. The full exchange with barrel and link makes sense. I'd been reading how the links alone won't work, but if it works as a barrel/link unit, that's great.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.