Gunboards Forums banner

Replacement recoil spring for Yugo Tok

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  RonJon 
#1 ·
Will be picking up my layaway'd Yugo M57 soon and would like to replace the recoil spring before shooting it, if possible. Unlike most of the M57s I've seen, the one I've picked out has a definite "been there and done that" look to it, and appears to have seen some significant use. I'd like to shoot it and so would like to put a fresh recoil spring in it to ensure reliable function and keep wear to a minimum.

Anything like that out there? I'm guessing because of the different guide rod that a standard TT33 spring won't work.

#2 ·
Not sure if the length is the same, but the European American Armory (EAA) Zastava M88 Pistol appears to use the same type of full-length articulated recoil spring. It has a 3.6" barrel, so it may not work, but since EAA has many versions and is currently in business in the USA, I would give them a call and see if they might be able to help you.

Here's a PDF that has the parts diagram:

http://www.eaacorp.com/Manuals/M88-Manual.pdf

Good luck!

RonJon

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.