Gunboards Forums banner

FEG Model: PJK-9HP. 9mm.

26K views 41 replies 20 participants last post by  DKWDr 
#1 · (Edited)
Does anyone know how long FEG has been making the copy of the Browning HP ?

Does anyone own one?

#3 ·
i dont know how long they have been making it (my step father bought one in 97), but it seems to be a pretty good peice for the price. i have owned a couple myself over the last few years and i liked em of course when the wolf was at the door they got sold instead of my argentine hi power but thats just a personal prefference thing. besides my wife would kill me if i sold "her gun" :)

#4 ·
I've got one, I really like it, very accurate reliable, it is a favorite.
One thing that I may eventually get around to changing is that it
has a magazine safety. You can't pull the trigger while a magazine is
not in the pistol. The presence of such a safety results in a trigger pull
that is initially kind of gritty and unpleasant. After a very short while,
I learned to pull the trigger partway through the gritty section and then
stop and reacquire a good sight picture before depressing it that last part.

#6 ·
MikeH1 thanks for the web site.

I bought one back in 1999. Never did eject right. I ended up changing the ejector and spring with original Browning HP parts. No more problems. Also removed the mag trigger safety. Wonderful trigger pull now. And with Houge rubber grips this is one fine shooter.

I really think for the money these are hard to beat. I owned a Argentina FM HP, but someone made me a offer I could refuse. Wish I would of kept that one.

#9 ·
I own one, Always been an excellent pistol. I think mines an older one, as I notice that most I've seen are very nicely polished. Mines well polished, but sloppily done, similiar to say a Norinco 213. Just has waves in the metal , and I'm pretty sure it has never been reblued. I bought it used in the mid 90's.

Only real problem I had with mine was the front sight was installed crooked. Had to push the rear sight way over to get it on target. I milled a dovetail on the slide and installed a new front sight.

#16 ·
I think mine is also one of the older ones? I got mine in well used condition at the pawn shop back in 1994 and it looks like somebody carried it in a holster for a while by the finish wear, had wooden grips

the serial numer range on mine is 255XX

the left side is marked:

Imported by Kassnar Imports Inc
Harrisburg, PA 17112

right side:

PJK-9HP FEG Budapest
Made in Hungary

#10 ·
Target Version FEG P9L

Found this site today:
http://www.ssmedwi.com/P9L.htm

Similar to the GP competition 6" barrel, TRT adjustable rear sight suitable for serious target shooters. Windage and elevation adjustments are provided by hardened click screws. Rubber wrap around grips, front counterweight, improved barrel bushing, decreased trigger pull. Single action with high gloss blue finish. Comes complete with two 13 round magazines along with tool kit for adjusting rear sight.

I'd love to have one of these. :D

#15 ·
After 2004 many of its traditional export markets were put under embargo and this caused the company to finally go bankrupt.

Former type Private
Industry Small Arms, general manufacturing
Fate Bankruptcy
Founded February 24, 1891 (1891-02-24) in Budapest
Defunct 2004 (2004)
Headquarters Budapest, Hungary
Area served Worldwide
Products Rifles, Handguns, water boilers and heaters
Website http://fegarmy.hu/ (defunct)

#19 ·
thats some really good info on the FEG pistols, I just found out the one I have is the second model with a in house designed slide stop, he calls it a High power style pistol, and says it's not a true high power because of the minor changes in the slide stop and slide cut outs, mine has the old style safety [not extended] and small sights without dots.

similiar to this one but with the old style safety

Attachments

#21 ·
I have a PJK - 9HP that I bought at my local club auction for $40.00!!!! It had no front sight and the hammer rowel was ground off to make it more like a 1911 hammer. I don't think anybody bid on it because it had a missing front sight and it was also a foreign make by a company that most (maybe none of them) had heard of. I could not figure out how the front sight was held in place, it looked like it was staked but I could see no peened over part on the inside of the slide. I ended up cutting a dovetail it and then found that the barrel bushing is apparently threaded in which covers the tenon of the front sight. It shoots great - it is both accurate and reliable with any 9mm ammo that I have tried in it - never a jam! I put some Browning HP grips on it and it is handsome as well. To bad about the fate of the company - over 100 years at making guns. I also own a Frommer STOP, a Femaru M37 and a Lilliput .25ACP which is sort of like a mini 1911 but no thumb safety. Were these all made by FEG?

#22 ·
Even though FEG is closed down. Least with the FEG-PjK 9mm the parts are interchangeable with the Browning HP. I also have a Astra A-100 9mm. Astra also closed up. Factory parts are still around for now. I am thinking in the long run might be better to sell the Astra. Looks like a Sig 226 more or less.

#28 ·
I got one back in 91? I think that was part of the first lot to come in with the original SA-85m AK sporters. I think it was either 275.00 or 300 total. Fit and std of manufacture appeared to be on par with other HP variants at the time. However the high gloss blue did not hold up at all and failed rather quickly with what I thought was rather limited handling. I ended up reblueing the silly thing and used it as a trail pistol while horse back riding and clearing beaver dams etc. Besides a Bisely style H&R .22 target revolver it is the only commercial pistol I own. It is a great shooter although I do worry about spare parts as a possible issue.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.