Thread: Chinese ak47 value??

Default Chinese ak47 value??

I'm not sure if its a norinco or a poly tech chinese ak47 all i'm told without seeing it, its a chinese ak47. What i need is the rate on how much its worth used? CZY
    Are you ready for 12-21-2012?? Lets pray its the second comming of Christ and not the end like so many predict.

A very wide range depending on caliber, date of production (pre or post ban), Polytech or Norinco, features such as underfolding bayonet, folding stock(s), condition, accessories (mags, sling, bayonet) , original box., etc., etc.,., Range from $400 to $2000.

Make sure it is not SKS with magazine modes. ☺

SKS that takes ak mags i never gave that a thought, i haven't seen it yet. The price between $400 to $2k is the norm right now i guess you guys would know for sure.
    Its a chinese ak47 in 7,62x39 but i'm not sure if its a milled receiver or a stamped receiver. I tried to search it but many different variations come up. A chinese ak47 isn't just an ak47 with so many models. I need to see it to nail it down what it is exactly. I can't give a price without seeing it too. I hate to pass it up incase its something rare or a great buy. I figure if its a stamped receiver and its priced right i may jump on it.
    Are you ready for 12-21-2012?? Lets pray its the second comming of Christ and not the end like so many predict.

Tons of variables and Blue's estimate/comments are pretty much right on. However, if it's a "Legend" that's NIB with all the accessories, I've seen them sell for $2500 or more. Not that I would pay that much, especially in today's market, but it's not impossible.

Contrary to popular propaganda, Chinese Kalashnikovs are some of the finest ever built.

John

Most likely it's a Norinco Mak-90 or a NHM-91 since those were the models imported in the largest numbers. One year only they imported the Milled Mak-90. They were more expensive a year ago. The stamped version Mak-90 and 91 are worth $550-700 depending on condition while the milled will bring $700-850 or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Joop View Post
    ...Contrary to popular propaganda, Chinese Kalashnikovs are some of the finest ever built.
    John
    +1

видеодон

Actually the propaganda is in the other directrion IMHO. The Chinese are somewhat overpriced based on a bit too much belief they are far superior to other AK's. Pre ban are very expensive and even the post ban commercial variants are pricey. The Hungarians, Yugoslavian, Bulgarians and East Germans built AK variants on par with the Chinese. Chinese tend to be more highly polished and polished bolt carrier and are genneral in "as new" condition as no used firerams or kits were imported AFAIK.. They do make a nice presentation in original unfired condition.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBLUE View Post
    Actually the propaganda is in the other directrion IMHO. The Chinese are somewhat overpriced based on a bit too much belief they are far superior to other AK's. Pre ban are very expensive and even the post ban commercial variants are pricey. The Hungarians, Yugoslavian, Bulgarians and East Germans built AK variants on par with the Chinese. Chinese tend to be more highly polished and polished bolt carrier and are genneral in "as new" condition as no used firerams or kits were imported AFAIK.. They do make a nice presentation in original unfired condition.
    I think it would make a difference as to defining whether we're talking about the actual Chinese military rifles or the much later commercially made semi-automatic imported ones.

What I want to know is this: 1911, did you see the thing yet?

Quote Originally Posted by rayman1 View Post
    I think it would make a difference as to defining whether we're talking about the actual Chinese military rifles or the much later commercially made semi-automatic imported ones.
    Refering to pre and post ban variants..., excluding any of the mixed parts abominations. Any of the FA versions were of the same quality. Nicely built and solid but not worth the prices they command IMHO. But collecting is what it is.., and far be it for me to figure out the whims of the hobby. I own a couple of pre bans and they are nice and in excellent condition but over valued IMHO. Just my .02.

Quote Originally Posted by Joop View Post
    Contrary to popular propaganda, Chinese Kalashnikovs are some of the finest ever built.

John

You ain't a kiddin' brother!!! I haven't been able to break mine yet with 23 years of abuse under it's belt. I even once threw my underfolder off of a two story building to see if it would go off. It won't but doing so can break a piece off of the pistol grip.

IMO, you can't buy better than a preban Chicom. Some others might be equal, but no better.
    I guarantee that you're smarter than I am.