Default Hey, Yugoslav Model 1924b owners...

Just wondering who here (if anyone) owns a 1924b that is definitely from a Model 1912 Mexican Mauser rifle. All of the b's I've seen pics of and the one I own myself have elements which point strongly towards or indicate conversion from a Gewehr 98.

Any out there? Want to share some pics with the rest of us?
    Thanks,
    Pat
    Chaos, disorder and destruction...My work here is done.

http://forums.gunboards.com/showthre...ighlight=1924b

Here is a thread with several that have come up through Gunboards. Mine is in there and as far as I know it was a Gew98 before its rebirth as a Yugo.

You probably have those pics, but the casual onlooker might like the eye candy until more get added.

In the thread referenced above Nothernug described Branko's description of the two 1924Bs. geladen summed them up as follows: "So, assuming the parts have not been changed post-conversion - which may be a big assumption - the quick way to tell a M1912/M24B from a G98/M24B is the handguard and front band. That's one more Mauser fact to file away. I bet the crest is different, too, and we know proofmarks are different. I wonder if the M1912/M24B serial number is on the right or left side? It would be on the left side (opposite G98/M24B) if the original serial number was not changed."

Xygorak,
    Thanks for the response and the link. I forgot about that thread, it was an interesting one with good theories throughout. I guess this is still largely 'terra incognita' at this time. What makes it harder is that Branko is often incommunicado, and is about the only point of contact in a former Yugoslavian country.
    Pat
    Chaos, disorder and destruction...My work here is done.