Thread: FN94 Features

Default FN94 Features

I have two FN49's with some unusual features first one is a Venezuelan contract rifle, it has a unusual scope mount that I can't find in any book. It looks like a Venezuelan Mod that was done by them. I have seen one other like it for sale on GB so I know its not a one off.

the other is a Luxembourg contract rifle with a removable mussel break that I also have never come across in Johnson's book or anywhere else for that matter.

Thanks for any information Gentlemen.

HDH.
    Last edited by hansellhd2; 06-04-2011 at 06:16 PM.

The scope mount is not Venezuelan - I would expect that it's homemade or from a small run that someone peddled sometime in the past.

The muzzle brake has the clamp from a grenade launcher - haven't a clue how the rest was cobbled up. Not original, not military...

Goose
    Read a good book lately?
    www.fn49.com

Thanks Goose, I thought I had the only Vene. with that mount on it but I saw the exact same mount on another Vene on GB two or three years ago. On the underside of the brake its marked "check.recoil.M1.U" It may be bogus but I like it, looks cool on the rifle. It kind of reminds me of the grenade launchers/ brake used on M1 carbines in the Second World War.

HDH.
    Last edited by hansellhd2; 06-04-2011 at 11:16 PM.