Thread: M39

Where guns are shunned , and gays are welcomed

Default M39

Where's the best and cheapest place to buy a m39?

I would look at the WTS forum on this site or from one of the many site sponsors like empire arms.

One of the best places to get a good M39 is PAT BURNS

I'd also recommend Empire Arms, but their supply is pretty sparse right now. Hopefully they have more to put up, but right now they've only got two VKTs listed.

I recently got one from SOG - also a VKT, which they have listed for $229.99. However, SOG is a crap shoot - you don't get to see the individual rifle, so you could get anything.

-Mark

Quote Originally Posted by nagantfever27 View Post
    I would look at the WTS forum on this site or from one of the many site sponsors like empire arms.
    and Gunbroker.com and http://www.gunsnammo.com/

The web site that ij70 is talking about is Pat Burns. I have got 4 very nice M39 from them. They have my vote.

I would keep my nose glued to this Forum .I have purchased many fine Finns on this site

I, too would use this forum. My girlfriend bought me a M39 from the pat burns collection. It was advertised as having an excellent bore. The lands were very worn and rounded, and a little frosty. It does not shoot as well as my others.

Put your reguest on "Want TO Buy" forum also.

Quote Originally Posted by Facemeatsurfacegrinder View Post
    I, too would use this forum. My girlfriend bought me a M39 from the pat burns collection. It was advertised as having an excellent bore. The lands were very worn and rounded, and a little frosty. It does not shoot as well as my others.
    I bought a Finn 39 from Burns (Milstuff) also ,It was the first and only time I asked for my money back on a firearms sale. Poor bore was stated as mint and other issues.After some reluctance was able to get my money back

The Echos of Glory Auctions on proxybid, some top of the line model 39s coming up.
    I remember Pearl Harbor.

http://www.strawntx.com/state-park.html
    We sold 1340 acres land for a new State Park in Texas
    Palo Pinto Mountain State Park, not open yet
    But now at 4500 acres of scenic hills & Canyons
    in the breaks of the Palo Pinto mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsche Vortrekker View Post
    I bought a Finn 39 from Burns (Milstuff) also ,It was the first and only time I asked for my money back on a firearms sale. Poor bore was stated as mint and other issues.After some reluctance was able to get my money back
    I have three from Pat Burns. 1968, 1969, and 1970 late date m39s. All bores were described as "new", and all rifles were descibed as unissued. All three were minty rifles, exactly as described. They definitely did not come cheap, especially the 1969. However, I did get exactly what I wanted. One more to go (1967).

LMyer

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsche Vortrekker View Post
    It is possible that I am wrong, but I think you bought your stuff from wrong Burns.

Pat Burns have been selling M39 from gunsnammo website for years now. I have no idea about this Milstuff outfit that you mentioned.

Do you have a link for Pat Burns? Thanks
    1925 Tula, 1925 Tula restamped 27, 1925 Ishevsk, 1932 Tula, 1933 Ishevsk, 1934 Tula laminate, 1938 Tula laminate, 1940 Tula,
    1942 Ishevsk faux sniper, 1942 Ishevsk, 1943 Tula, 1943 Ishevsk ex-sniper, 1943 Ishevsk

Quote Originally Posted by Tula View Post
    Do you have a link for Pat Burns? Thanks
    http://www.gunsnammo.com/

I would guess, there are some that don't recall that the above mentioned vendor, was once a Gunboard sponser. But they left owing a unpaid balance. Am I wrong in thinking that maybe they don't deserve so much free advertising on this forum? Considering we have a long time sponser paying to make this forum avalible to us, that sells M39's.

Quote Originally Posted by OU812 View Post
    I would guess, there are some that don't recall that the above mentioned vendor, was once a Gunboard sponser. But they left owing a unpaid balance. Am I wrong in thinking that maybe they don't deserve so much free advertising on this forum? Considering we have a long time sponser paying to make this forum avalible to us, that sells M39's.
    I don't know anything about that.

The question was: Where do I buy M39?
    Answer:
    .The Trader
    .Empire Arms
    .Gunbroker (or any other online auction of your preference)
    .gunsnammo

If you can add to the list, please do.

Milstuff is the name Pat Burns uses on Gunbroker. Bought plenty from Pat Burns and from her previous incarnation Wholesale Guns. Spent a pleasant couple hours talking and going through rifles at the shop they had in Islandia, NY. Never been dissapointed.

SOG has a nice selection right now, though you have to buy them "sight unseen". I am very pleased with the Vkt I purchased a couple months back, with a nice Sako stock and pristine bore. However, everyone won't necessarily have the same good experience.
    "Proclaim this among the nations: Prepare for war! Rouse the warriors! Let all the fighting men draw near and attack. Beat your plowshares into swords and your pruning hooks into spears. Let the weakling say, 'I am strong!'" Joel 3:9-10

Quote Originally Posted by MikeinFL View Post
    Milstuff is the name Pat Burns uses on Gunbroker. Bought plenty from Pat Burns and from her previous incarnation Wholesale Guns. Spent a pleasant couple hours talking and going through rifles at the shop they had in Islandia, NY. Never been dissapointed.
    Got it.

I bought mine from Pat Burns, really nice wartime flaming stock. Lately her stock seems to be sparse, but I guess just have to keep your ear to the ground

Quote Originally Posted by psychocontractorguy View Post
    SOG has a nice selection right now, though you have to buy them "sight unseen". I am very pleased with the Vkt I purchased a couple months back, with a nice Sako stock and pristine bore. However, everyone won't necessarily have the same good experience.
    I'm real pleased with my SOG VKT as well. Nice bore, nice correct wartime stock, and a hang tag. I really haven't seen a bad one posted - for what that's worth.

-Mark

I bought a nice antique tigerstriped 1968 from Pat a few years ago. What she described was exactly what I got. At the time, Empire had none, antique or otherwise, in stock.

Keith

I'm another vote for the trader here.....bought many nice M39s off the trader.
    Looking for Samco/CAI scopeless Yugo PU bolt KX5017