Thread: Zulu shotgun parts...

Default Zulu shotgun parts...

I recently picked up a Zulu Shotgun I know the basic history behind them. Its missing its firing pin, and the screw that retains it.

Any pointers on replacement parts? The firearm is sound besides this problem. Ill be using it with BP loads of course.

Also shotgun news did and article on them a few years ago anyone know the issue?

I also posted on the WTB forum also.

~B

I'd guess you'll have to make them, and even if you can find them they may not fit. They are mostly Tabatier rifles but those weren't necessarily standardized since many were made under emergency conditions during the Franco-Prussian War.
    I swear by Jupiter Optimus Maximus .... in the army of the consul Lucius Quinctius Cincinnatus and for 10 miles around it I will not steal anything worth more than a sestertius in any one day.

Alright I think I actully found one on gun broker, the seller dosnt know what it is but it sure looks like a firing pin for a Zulu.

Did some searching online Guns & ammo did and artical on the Zulu shotgun in July 2009.

~B
    Last edited by MR.B; 06-13-2011 at 07:57 PM.

I made one for mine. Chucked a piece of 1/4 inch rod in a drill and held a file against it till I turned it down to the proper diameter. A knotch was then filed in the side right where the screw hole is. By making the knotch wider you can change the protrusion of the tip. It may seem crude but it actually looks better that the rest of the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Essex View Post
    I made one for mine. Chucked a piece of 1/4 inch rod in a drill and held a file against it till I turned it down to the proper diameter. A knotch was then filed in the side right where the screw hole is. By making the knotch wider you can change the protrusion of the tip. It may seem crude but it actually looks better that the rest of the gun.
    Thanks for the info, Ive been looking on Gun Broker for "unknown firing pins" I think I found something I could make work!

~B

There was someone on gunbroker that was making and selling replacement pins for these guns not too long ago. I'm not sure if hes still selling any though.