Thread: Sten gun bolt question! legal?!

Default Sten gun bolt question! legal?!

Hi i need an answer to this.. I have had mkIII parts. I have a steel WW2 original sten gun bolt. Would this be legal to sell like selling a mosin, or springfield bolt or is there more to this piece? The whole fact it is part of a full auto gun confuses me

Thanks guys!

No problem, the important bit, oddly enough is, in the case of the Sten, the magazine housing as that's where the serial number is.
    You are correct, in that the bolt is the same as a bolt from a rifle.

Default Legal to sell YES, legal to own?

let's say you have a standard (FA) bolt, and a standard sized receivered gun
    (which won't happen cause you have to completely rework the insides, but anyways)

Constructively, if the ATF, crams the FA bolt in there, and can hammer it to the point of going FA, you are in possession of an unlicensed FA, as it was 'readily convertible'

It's much like M16 auto sears, of you have a milsup FCG with it stripped out, but still have one, they may come after you. If you don't have an 'convertible' fire control group, well. It just makes the case more difficult.

ahh, interesting.. So i could sell at a gunshow? or online?

yeah, right now you DON'T have a rifle, you have to get the receiver (PER the ATF, the receiver IS the gun)
    and assemble it to have any issues, the fact is, the STEN type FA SMG are among the easiest guns to build, sadly, they aren't so easy to convert, most people turn a MAC bolt or buy a new one (after all, someone is pumping out all those colefire guns)

The price on a kit like that is usually ~150 with out the receiver.