Default 7.7x58 Japanese ammo from Hornady - PPU

Finally got my hands on some 7.7x58 ammo!! I've been looking for it for a few months and one of the big vendors has it in stock now.

The brass has the PPU headstamp.

Did Privi stop selling this caliber under their own brand?
    Last edited by jjjxlr8; 06-23-2011 at 06:37 PM.

Privi only makes the brass and have yet to make loaded 7.7 or 6.5 ammo. Maybe they signed an agreement with Hornady?

All the oddball metric Milsurp calibers that Hornady has made over the last 2 or 3 years was put up in Prvi mfg. brass. The first batch of Prvi brass that went to Hornady had "Frontier" head stamps but later deliveries to Hornady has other (PPU) head stamps.
    "Saigon Tea, 60 P, you no buy you di di DI!"

MY MISTAKE!! The Hornady ammo DOES NOT say made in Serbia...it's the Wolf Gold .303 ammo that I purchased along with it!! Sorry for the confusion. The brass is PPU, the ammo may be made in the USA....not sure.

I'll edit my original post...

The PPU head stamped brass for some reason is difficult to remove the spent primers when reloading. I've had a tough time with them. They resize fine its the damn primers that are a bear to remove.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidney Smith View Post
    The PPU head stamped brass for some reason is difficult to remove the spent primers when reloading. I've had a tough time with them. They resize fine its the damn primers that are a bear to remove.
    Thanks for the warning. I'll keep this in mind once I find some dies. Have you seen this with all PPU calibers or just the 7.7x58? I bought some Wolf Gold in .303 and 7.62x54R to try and it's all PPU.