Default Kriegsmarine Mauser Stock???

Hey everyone. I have been always hearing about kriegsmarine stocks on mausers and I decided to look around the net to see if I could get any good pictures showing the differences between regular k98 stock and kriegsmaring stocks and I have been unsuccessful. I understand that it is a Navy thing but if someone would please help explain the differences in kriegsmarine stocks and regualr k98 stock and possible provide some pictures to help illistrate the differences I would greatly appreciate. I do a little better by actually seeing then just words, but any info anyone can provide would be most helpful to put my curiosity to rest.

Thanks,
    Tom
    "I firmly believe that any man's finest hours - his greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear - is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious."-Vince Lombardi

Only difference should be it will be stamped M instead of H ob the right hand side for Kriegsmarine instead of Heer
    As of 9/17/2011 new member of the 98k Sniper Club, bcd 45 lsr
    11/2/12 SSZZA4 bnz 43 #8301 added to the family
    1/2/13 Joined the Classic Arms 91/30 PU family

Bitterly clinging to my guns and religion since 11/6/2012

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by 8x57mauser View Post
    Only difference should be it will be stamped M instead of H ob the right hand side for Kriegsmarine instead of Heer
    OK. I know I was getting Kriegsmodell and Kriegsmarine mixed up for some dumb reason. This is probably why I have been so confused. So other than the M stamp on the right side of the stock there is no difference between the regualr K98 stock and the Kriegsmarine stock?

Thanks,
    Tom
    "I firmly believe that any man's finest hours - his greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear - is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious."-Vince Lombardi

Quote Originally Posted by camarox00 View Post
    OK. I know I was getting Kriegsmodell and Kriegsmarine mixed up for some dumb reason. This is probably why I have been so confused. So other than the M stamp on the right side of the stock there is no difference between the regualr K98 stock and the Kriegsmarine stock?

Thanks,
    Tom
    Tom,

In addition to the E/M marking - there may also be a 'O' plus number (Ost Sea Group) or 'N' plus number (Nord Sea Group) marking on the bolt disassembly disk in the stock. All else equal this would further increase the value of an E/M marked stock.

Scott

My Kriegsmarine 1939 BSW is original, a direct vet purchase...has the 0 property mark on the bolt disk and H(Heers) stamp on the stock.....

Thanks for the information guys! So basically, the bolt take down disk is the deciding factor is it is a kriegsmarine rifle/stock, correct?

Thanks,
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Mauper View Post
    My Kriegsmarine 1939 BSW is original, a direct vet purchase...has the 0 property mark on the bolt disk and H(Heers) stamp on the stock.....
    Thats an interesting combination and indicative of an allocation from H to KM.

Sorry not to hijack, here is my matching minus bolt 1939, you can see the "H" and the naval markings on the disc.

Stock has been lightly sanded but pretty happy with it.
    Last edited by josef; 08-24-2011 at 06:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by josef View Post
    Sorry not to hijack, here is my matching minus bolt 1939, you can see the "H" and the naval markings on the disc.

Stock has been lightly sanded but pretty happy with it.
    Your not hijacking at all. I really appreciate the visual. I've never seen a stock disk with those markings. I just find it pretty strange that there are no references online. Oh, and feel free to put pictures of your entire rifle up. Can never go wrong with to many pictures of these things. Lol.

I really did think there was much more to a Kriegsmarine than just an "H" on the stock and a "0" on the take down disk. I thought the stock would possibly have a different dimension or shaped slightly different. Maybe a different configuration.

Thanks for clearing this up for me and if there is anything anyone can add to this, please feel free to. I really enjoy learning this stuff and I have plenty room to grow.

Thanks,
    Tom

Based on the data I have collected generally speaking it is more typical for a 1938 - 1941 K98k to have a E/M marked stock and O/N marked disk combination than E/H and O/N. 1937 and earlier K98k's the opposite proliferates.

Scott

Scott: Then the "N" would be upper case would it not?
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore is not an act, but a habit- -- Aristotle

Looking for cocking sleeve #75.

Quote Originally Posted by TMann View Post
    Scott: Then the "N" would be upper case would it not?
    Yes - capital "N" or "O" is typical based on what I own and have seen.

Scott

SCOTT:

The reason I asked is in regards to one that recently sold on eBay........http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore is not an act, but a habit- -- Aristotle

Looking for cocking sleeve #75.

That isn't a Navy mark on ebay.
    David

Quote Originally Posted by Franchi View Post
    That isn't a Navy mark on ebay.
    David

Agreed. On the road and not near my notes or code book but likely a sub contract part marking. Seen it before.

Scott