Default dutch beaumont 1871-88 need ejector

I have a dutch beaumont 1871-88 rifle, with a broken ejrctor. i was wondering if any one knows where I can find one, or is there a gunsmith out there that knows how to make one.

Nick is online now Super Moderator/Diamond Bullet member

Ejector or extractor? It's hard to imagine a broken ejector, they are usually lost. But at least they are not that difficult to replicate. A broken extractor is a different story, they are hard to make & heat treat.

"It's impossible to grasp the boundless" - Kozma Prutkov

"Бросая в воду камешки, смотри на круги, ими образуемые; иначе такое бросание будет пустою забавою." - Козьма Прутков

"A який чоловiк горилку не пье - то вiн або хворий, або подлюка." - Невідомий українець

Isn't there two different ejectors that were used ?
    Jack first may have one . or buy a sporter one take needed parts and resell it
    And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Nick is online now Super Moderator/Diamond Bullet member

No need to buy a whole new gun. OWS sells on GunBroker a bolt for the Beaumont-Vitali, except he has it misidentified. IIRC he has it listed as a Mannlicher bolt.

The extractors are indeed two types - one is for the 1871 Beaumont, the other is for the 1871/88 Beaumont-Vitali. But koba49 clearly states he is looking for the 71/88 model.
    "It's impossible to grasp the boundless" - Kozma Prutkov

"Бросая в воду камешки, смотри на круги, ими образуемые; иначе такое бросание будет пустою забавою." - Козьма Прутков

"A який чоловiк горилку не пье - то вiн або хворий, або подлюка." - Невідомий українець

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    No need to buy a whole new gun. OWS sells on GunBroker a bolt for the Beaumont-Vitali, except he has it misidentified. IIRC he has it listed as a Mannlicher bolt.

The extractors are indeed two types - one is for the 1871 Beaumont, the other is for the 1871/88 Beaumont-Vitali. But koba49 clearly states he is looking for the 71/88 model.
    All the ones OWS list on GB have no bolt head unless he's found some new ones .

I have several beaumonts and one has a ejector thats held in with a screw and the rest are a slide lock type fit where if you shake it
    ejector goes bye-bye . And someone made a main spring from a flintlock type spring from dixie gunworks
    And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

"... ejector thats held in with a screw..."

Amazing. I have never seen such a thing. Is it possible for you to upload a photo?

Hey...does anyone have a spare spring for a Beaumont barrel band? I'll buy it.

I need a Beaumont ejector for a Vitali magazine type rifle, and a front sight, if anyone has one. Parts or complete junk rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post

old thread but worth reviving, he OP said ejector, not extractor

and I need an extractor myself, for a Beaumont 71/88 Vitali magazine rifle, anyone have one ? I'd purchase a broken one to use as a pattern to make a new one as well

Did yo ever find a extractor? I am looking for one also or a pattern to copy.They look to me like a flat piece of metal with a square end.
    If I can get a good measurement I will get some made.