Gunboards Forums banner

dutch beaumont 1871-88 need ejector

6K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  rdmallory 
#1 ·
I have a dutch beaumont 1871-88 rifle, with a broken ejrctor. i was wondering if any one knows where I can find one, or is there a gunsmith out there that knows how to make one.

#2 ·
Ejector or extractor? It's hard to imagine a broken ejector, they are usually lost. But at least they are not that difficult to replicate. A broken extractor is a different story, they are hard to make & heat treat.

#3 ·
Isn't there two different ejectors that were used ?
Jack first may have one . or buy a sporter one take needed parts and resell it

#4 ·
No need to buy a whole new gun. OWS sells on GunBroker a bolt for the Beaumont-Vitali, except he has it misidentified. IIRC he has it listed as a Mannlicher bolt.

The extractors are indeed two types - one is for the 1871 Beaumont, the other is for the 1871/88 Beaumont-Vitali. But koba49 clearly states he is looking for the 71/88 model.

#5 ·
All the ones OWS list on GB have no bolt head unless he's found some new ones .

I have several beaumonts and one has a ejector thats held in with a screw and the rest are a slide lock type fit where if you shake it
ejector goes bye-bye . And someone made a main spring from a flintlock type spring from dixie gunworks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.