Default remington-lee model 1899

Found an 1899 Remington-lee chambered in 30-40 Krag yesterday, and am needing a stock. Does anyone know of a place I can have a stock made for the rifle? The original was badly sanded at some point, and is also cracked very badly around the action. Metal is fine though, so is the bore. Only thing missing is the bolt stop, and I hear that's pretty common.

Sorry I can't post pics, the rifle is about halfway through the s/n range of the 1,446 of them made though.

Y'all have a good day, Keith
    Say you love her 'till she lays down the butcher knife. -Tim Wilson

"Luck" is what happens when preparation meets opportunity

I found a Remington Lee 30-40 Krag, but its missing the magazine. I figure the chances of finding a magazine are about
    impossible.

No lead on a stock,but S and S firearms lists a bolt stop.They come checkered,or smooth.If the the stock is all there,but badly cracked it can be repaired enough to at least have a shooter.Theres a guy who posts in the gunsmithing forum under Gunny,or USMC Gunny who can just about turn fire wood back in to rifle stocks.You might check the older posts for pictures of his stock work,and see if you can get on his work list.

On the Work bench forum scroll back to 5-15-2011,and look for a post,Another one back from the dead.Its pictures of a REAL dead stock this man repaired.Dont know his work load,but it doesnt hurt to ask.

Jericho,

You still need a mag for that Rem Lee? What model is yours? Mine is an 1899 in 30-40 and I just picked up 2 extra mags. I'd let hte original one go ( a bit batrered), though it still feeds 30-40 nicely.

Will have to wait until my deployment is done (late November).
    Sojerguy.

How much are you asking for the magazine? A friend of mine bought it.

Jericho,

Apologies for not answering sooner, but I'd lost the thread. Don't ask...

I'd rather not do a 3-way on the magazine. Get him to join gb and PM me.

Thanks
    Sojerguy.

Thanks SG, I will let him know.

Hey sojerguy, If the mag deal falls through, I could sure use one of those mags. PM me, or what ever it takes. I have a beautiful sporter with no mag.
    Thanks, Edward.