Thread: Correct holster for NB50 CZ50?

Default Correct holster for NB50 CZ50?

What should I be looking for, friends?

Thank you! Dave

I picked this up on ebay for $10. It was never used as I had to shove the pistol hard to get it in and get the flap closed. It was labeled as a CZ-50 holster, and everything fits, so I guess this would be it:

"Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less." Robert E. Lee

Thank you. That's one of the holsters I have seen for sale. I have also seen the black police US-style holsters said to be for the CZ50. My soon-to-arrive CZ50 has the Ministry police stamp NB50.

Are there any markings on your holster to verify it is for the Ministry or for a CZ50 alone? Since the CZ70 is the same design and made for the commercial market, from what I have read, are we sure those holsters you have were not made for the commercial market and not an original police holster?

Dave

I can't recall the source, however, I am of the impression that the pictured holster is army issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Baird View Post
    Thank you. That's one of the holsters I have seen for sale. I have also seen the black police US-style holsters said to be for the CZ50. My soon-to-arrive CZ50 has the Ministry police stamp NB50.

Are there any markings on your holster to verify it is for the Ministry or for a CZ50 alone? Since the CZ70 is the same design and made for the commercial market, from what I have read, are we sure those holsters you have were not made for the commercial market and not an original police holster?

Dave
    My pistol also has the NB50 stamp. The only markings on the holster are inside the flap (you can see part of it behind my pistol) is stamped "Ko 71".
    "Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less." Robert E. Lee

Thank you, AB4KA, I sincerely appreciate your help and guidance. The holster you have will probably be the one I end-up buying because I see no others out there right now. But, I am not convinced those were the police-issued (NB50) holsters and was just asking if anyone knows, for certain, which holsters were used by the ministry police. Thanks to you, I know where to find one like yours....and I thank you. I just would like to know what holsters the police actually used and if they are available.

Respectfully, Dave

Look at Southern Ohio Gun for the correct holster for your CZ-50. They sell them for $10.00. The one I got was brand new. It is stamped CZ on the back of the holster.

Thanks everyone! I appreciate your advice, pictures and thoughts. I will try to get a hold of SOG. I believe the ones they have are those black hip holsters with the snap closures? Thank you!!!! Dave

I just received my CZ50 last night and will post pictures very soon. It is very minty looking and even has a brown finger extension on the mag that matches the brown grips perfectly. I've never seen a brown one before!

Definitely need pics! I just got mine a few weeks ago and haven't been able to get to the range to try it out and it's killing me! Mine is in really nice shape except the finish is worn off the front of the grip. The bluing on the slide and the rest of the frame is really nice.
    Last edited by ab4ka; 09-20-2007 at 10:37 AM. Reason: added pics

That is sure a shiny piece!!! Congratulations!! Is your finger extention brown or black? I can't tell. Dave

Here you go, my new CZ50.......in fact, I think it IS new! Are they all in this good of condition? Man, don't know how I passed these up this long! With the high gloss, it was very difficult getting a good shot. Anyone else have the brown finger extension? Dave
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cz50 002.jpg   cz50 001.jpg  

The accuracy of these pistols is amazing. With a little practice you will be a pretty decent shot with the little gun. Watch the brand of ammo you shoot as some of these pistols are finicky. There is an old thread concerning this ammo topic somewhere on the boards.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Baird View Post
    Here you go, my new CZ50.......in fact, I think it IS new! Are they all in this good of condition? Man, don't know how I passed these up this long! With the high gloss, it was very difficult getting a good shot. Anyone else have the brown finger extension? Dave

Great looking pistol! The extensions on my mags are black.

Thanks for the nice comments, fellas. I am very happy with the gun itself and the condition it is in. I just found out from our friend, Jan Balcar, that my gun, although it is not NB50 marked, is still a police pistol! They did not make the CZ50 for commercial sales in 1950! Cool!!!! Thanks Jan!!!!

Dave
    Last edited by Dave Baird; 09-24-2007 at 08:00 AM. Reason: I misunderstood Jan's information!