Thread: YouTube Sniper Video from Russian Movie

Default YouTube Sniper Video from Russian Movie

Here's a scene from a modern Russian movie showing Red Army snipers stopping a German attack. The fabric wraps and camo are interesting, even if the Mosins seem never to need reloading....sort of like guns in cowboy movies...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2DBJB9o5Yc&NR=1

Quote Originally Posted by Stalin's Ghost View Post
    Here's a scene from a modern Russian movie showing Red Army snipers stopping a German attack. The fabric wraps and camo are interesting, even if the Mosins seem never to need reloading....sort of like guns in cowboy movies...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2DBJB9o5Yc&NR=1
    Exciting, none the less...
    "I must hurry, for there they go, and I am their leader!" Ghandi

I had downloaded that movie. It's called "Sniper. Weapon of Revenge". The movie is kind of far fetched. It looks like at least some of the rifles have hex receivers too. Still an interesting show.
    What part of "of the people, by the people and for the people" does our Government not understand?

Default R Guns Commercial

I am sure this short piece will sell a few of R Guns Snipers quickly,
    and in fact, it really raises the need for a Mosin sniper to near full
    boil in my fox hole.

something to see
    GOD<><SAVE THE CONSTITUTION / STATES RIGHTS><>NRA

Two thoughts. 1, The trough the sniper had blown in the ground in front of him which would certainly raise dust, reminds me of McBride's statement that you need to put something on the ground in front of the rifle to keep from raising dust, and 2, Never been a fan of MN's since one of my cousins got one about 45 years ago, and I saw the huge flash from the barrel. But now ... uh oh, am I coming down with MN disease?
    Then it’s Tommy this, an’ Tommy that, an’ “Tommy, ‘ow’s yer soul?”
    But it’s “Thin red line of ‘eroes” when the drums begin to roll, Rudyard Kipling

water it down
    GOD<><SAVE THE CONSTITUTION / STATES RIGHTS><>NRA

Thanks DK. I just finished read A Rifleman ... for about the 5th time in the last 20 years. I did not remember whether he said wet the ground or put down a wet cloth.
    Then it’s Tommy this, an’ Tommy that, an’ “Tommy, ‘ow’s yer soul?”
    But it’s “Thin red line of ‘eroes” when the drums begin to roll, Rudyard Kipling

Default Actual event...

Teams of snipers like that stopped many German attacks at Stalingrad. The Russian sniper teams targeted "high value targets," first shooting officers (distinguished by binoculars and pistols - they rarely wore any other distinguishing articles, as those who went "subdued" lived longer than the ones with fancy hats and barsNext to be targeted were machine gun crews -the scopes allowed effective trageting from up to 600 yards away, far beyond the visual range of a gunner. Russian sniper orders allowed a great deal of independent action and Zaitsev introduced much of the sniper team tactics at his "school for snipers" with good support from top brass.

The "designated marksman" concept is now basic to Russian squad tactics, based on the successful use of the SVD "Dragunov" in Afghanistan and the recent Georgian conflict.

Quote Originally Posted by doncb View Post
    I had downloaded that movie. It's called "Sniper. Weapon of Revenge". The movie is kind of far fetched. It looks like at least some of the rifles have hex receivers too. Still an interesting show.
    I think the title is actually "Sniper. Weapon of Retaliation".
    What part of "of the people, by the people and for the people" does our Government not understand?