Default H&R Model 676 22 Revolver

I am looking for a rear sight for my H&R Model 676, 22 pistol. Have tried numrich and a couple other parts places but no luck. Anyone have other ideas? Will another brand/style sight fit this pistol? It is a dovetail type fitting on the rear.

Thanks
    Opee

Clyde is online now Gold Bullet Member and Noted Curmudgeon

Measure the dove-tail and anything with that dimension and angle can be used. Or have a 'smith mill it to take a sight that needs a slightly larger dovetail.
    Absent comrades (sound of breaking glass)

Default H&R Model 676 22 Revolver

May drag it to a gunshow and see if anyone has rear sights on the parts tables.
    Was hoping to find a member that may have a spare hanging around.
    I have lots of extra tall front sights for Swedish and German mausers that someone can use to bring POI down to 100 yards instead of 300 meters for standard military sights. Would even trade for a Swedish M96 rectangular range plate as they are quite hard to find now.

Got a reply from the UK from a member, but the asking price for a rear sight was 100 pounds. Trying to see if it was a typo from the old chap, but have not heard back. Numrich has is posted for about $4.00 but they are out of stock. Not sure when or if it will be restocked.

Clyde is online now Gold Bullet Member and Noted Curmudgeon

Quote Originally Posted by opee View Post
    May drag it to a gunshow and see if anyone has rear sights on the parts tables.
    Was hoping to find a member that may have a spare hanging around.
    I have lots of extra tall front sights for Swedish and German mausers that someone can use to bring POI down to 100 yards instead of 300 meters for standard military sights. Would even trade for a Swedish M96 rectangular range plate as they are quite hard to find now.

Got a reply from the UK from a member, but the asking price for a rear sight was 100 pounds. Trying to see if it was a typo from the old chap, but have not heard back. Numrich has is posted for about $4.00 but they are out of stock. Not sure when or if it will be restocked.
    Be restocked when somebody seljs Numrich either a part or a parts gun that they can take apart for the bits. Matter of chance, might be tomorrow, might be years from now.
    Absent comrades (sound of breaking glass)