Default AR-15 Magazines in 5.45x39

Anybody know where I can find AR-15 Mags in 5.45x39 of 20 round (or smaller) capacity...?? I'm thinking seriously of ordering a Smith & Wesson M&P 15R M4 complete upper for my AR, and due to the retarded gun laws in my state, the upper cannot ship with the 30 rd. mag that is normally included with this upper, so it will arrive with no magazine. That leaves me with just two alternatives... find 20 rd. (or less) AR mags in this caliber, (if they even exist) or drive to another state and buy a 30 rounder & bring it home. It's illegal to buy a 30 online and have it shipped to me, and most of the online sellers won't even ship one to my state anyhow, so that's not an option. Any info is appreciated.

I think you just need a follower for regular AR/M-16 magazines.

Regular 5.56x45 mags and followers do not feed well with the 5.45x39 round in them, at least with the upper I've got.
    There are slight differences in the magazine lips and follower shape, albeit small ones when looked at visually, but differences none the less. Some folks report being able to use standard AR mags with success. I haven't.
    I've only seen the 30 round magazines in 5.45x39. A 20 round mag might be nice to have, as well as a 40 and drum.

Hmmm... well, this looks to be more of a challenge than I expected. I seem to remember reading somewhere that standard 20 round 5.56 AR-15 mags. would work with 5.45x39 so long as you didn't put more than 5 in at a time, something about the taper of the cartridge causing them to tip too far forward in the mag. Kinda looks like the 30's made for this upper are about the only game in town, I'm not crazy about 30's in any of my rifles, as they're a bit too long for shooting off a bench comfortably, but there may not be any other choice for this upper.

Update: I may have found a solution to my magazine dilemma. Apparently these guys offer 30 rounders that have been "blocked" to 10 rounds.
    I presume this will satisfy the legalities of my state (Maryland) gun laws, but if anyone knows different I'd appreciate hearing specifics about it.

http://shop.lcjwholesalestore.com/10...und-545x39.htm
    Last edited by Shoobedoo; 09-23-2011 at 04:11 PM. Reason: Update

C-more products

have you tried to get just the follower. [its c products llc]. or you could machine your own i had to do thet with my 50-ae and i have seen othetr's use metal epoxy and cast them. at this time i dont think there is a low cap mag out there the feed lips and mag seem to be the same as 5.56 mags so if you can get a follower you should be set.

I am using 5.56/223 mags with 5.45 followers in them, as supplied by S&W with that upper. They work rather flawlessy, I would add. The mags are identical (lips and all) to the 5.56/.223 mags, with the noted acception of the follower.
    Join the PSL Owners' Group. I'll approve you as soon as I see your request.

The curved C Products 5.56 20 round mags work well with 5.45X39. Actually it works better than their 5.54 30 round mags!
    The Americans fight for a free world, the English mostly for honor and glory and medals, the French and Canadians decide too late that they have to participate. The Italians are too scared to fight; the Russians have no choice. The Germans for the Fatherland. The Boers? Those sons of bitches fight for the hell of it!” - American General, George “Guts and Glory” Patton