Where guns are shunned , and gays are welcomed

Default What's your favorite?

Didn't know where to put this but anyways..what's your favorite rifle you own?(:

All of them! Seriously when I go to the range with the intent to shoot one gun in particular I wind up taking one or two of everything in my collection to shoot. It's only fair not to make anyone jealous. If I take one of the .22's to go shoot prairie dogs, everyone takes a turn all the way up to the .50BMG. No one gets left out except my duplicates that never see daylight and send their representatives instead.

How can you expect us to choose one? I could say my 94 win, but I'd have to say no my 582 rem and then I'd have to say no my 88! I can't choose, I like them all!

This one hands down.

As of 9/17/2011 new member of the 98k Sniper Club, bcd 45 lsr
    11/2/12 SSZZA4 bnz 43 #8301 added to the family
    1/2/13 Joined the Classic Arms 91/30 PU family

Bitterly clinging to my guns and religion since 11/6/2012

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Well, if 'favorite' is judged by which one I take to the range nearly every trip, it has to be my AK74ed Saiga 12.

My favorite 'sniper' is my SAR 8 .

Keith
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Red Jacket Saiga 12.JPG   Mosin PU Initial Groups (1).JPG  

Western Field Model 830 22lr. It was my first and a gift from my dad. I still have it, and it goes to my son.

Other than that...

It would be a tough toss-up. I like my NDM-86, but also my PSL. I like my Finnish M28/76 but also my Czech VZ54/91. I like my Winchester M1 from the CMP but also my Ruger Mini-14 GB.

None of that is to brag, as there are those here whose collections make mine look meager and low. Of all the ones up there, should I be able to keep but one rifle, I can't really say what I would pick. I suppose I would pick either Finn or Czech, if only because the parts are simple, there are no expensive magazines, and they are already set up with bipods. But then, if the zombies were coming around, I would be hard pressed not to take the NDM or the PSL. Oddly to many here perhaps, I would take the PSL over the SVD as it is simpler and more rugged - though the NDM is tough enough for Afghanistan and other places (the PSL's handguards are sturdier than the SVD, the gas system is sturdier and easier to clean, and the trigger is almost as nice on mine).

I suppose the best combo might be the Finn or Czech backed up by the Ruger. Of course, the NDM backed up by the ruger, or the PSL, or the...

Did I say it was tough to tell?
    Rise of the Dark Son - by Davis E. Riddle
    Fiend Fighter - by Davis E. Riddle
    Skein of Shadows - by The Wandering Men (member, Davis E. Riddle)

“A citizen may not be required to offer a good and substantial reason why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.”—Judge Benson E. Legg

Favorite sniper is currently my Finn-capture 1936 Tula PE, just because they're so hard to come by.
    Favorite overall is my all original matching Finn-capture 1929 Tula Dragoon, just because it has so much character.
    Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.

91/30 PU sniper. no, wait. the SVT40...no, the M1...Single Rune 98k? *panics*

I
    Have to say mas 36 w/ pu scope

Currently the 1969 Finn M28/76 in centerfire and the Anschutz 1803 in rimfire.

Mine is my old well used Marlin 39a. Shoots straight never acts up and eats cheap ammo like it's match grade. From there it'd have to be my 44 ex-PU 91-30.

Default 1956 Mannlicher Deluxe Carbine in .308

My favorite is a Hemingway-era 1956 Mannlicher Deluxe in .308, full-stock in oiled walnut, with original optics, perfect finish, a 95-97% rifle. It shoots decently for the first three shots, then strings from heating up, as light carbines do.
    Certainly not my most accurate rifle (that goes to my custom Remington 700BDL in 30-06) but the fact that it was on several African safaris "back in the day" and the amazing perfection of every aspect of it tops my list.
    Second, at least today, is a 1938/51 MO ex-sniper, with "Cn" marks. It came from Albania in battlefield condition, refurbed and shipped off to battle again, with frag in the stock and the entire stock/handguard spaces packed with axle grease to keep out corrosion in rainy outdoor use. It has a soldier's name scratched in both sides of the stock, all the finish worn off the stock from carrying it and it still shoots to 2" at 100 yards from my lead sled, with a waxed canvas green sling from some SKS, I think. I planned to put on a sidemount PEM rescope, but it has so much character that I think I'll leave it alone to tell stories. It's one of those rifles with such a "vibe" that it gets the attention even when surrounded by much prettier and rarer rifles -an old warhorse still ready to go.

Really it is a tie for me

1st 1895 Winchester Russian contract

2nd 1994 SVD Tiger

3rd Parade issue 1951 Tula SKS

My favorite rifle is more of a family heirloom. All matching 1938 K98 mauser hidden in attic rafters by my great-grand uncle and aunt at the end of WWII. As the story goes, recalled by my grandfather, 3 infantry men and one officer were quartered at my great-grand uncle's/aunt's house. Rules of the period dictated that only officers could be housed inside the actual living space, enlisted/drafted had to sleep in the utility areas (ie attics, barns). As the war in Europe was coming to a close and the Red Army was approaching the area, the soldiers decided to retreat/desert as sounds of fighting approached rather then risk getting captured and boogied on back to Germany. In the process they left this K98 behind. It spend decades hiding out in the attic just as the soldier left it, slinged, loaded and all. In this pic i took the sling off to get the leather reconditioned since it was stiff and dry.

For me the most fun lately has to be the 50 Cal.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bohica1.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by greyheadedguy View Post
    How can you expect us to choose one? I could say my 94 win, but I'd have to say no my 582 rem and then I'd have to say no my 88! I can't choose, I like them all!
    Oh man, I forgot my 20 gauge, it's a blast to shoot too. I could never choose just one.

Live in NorCal and work in SoCal...Gun laws in CA are terrible.

PSL and WASR 1970...PSL is just fun to shoot and a great challenge to group with...My WASR thinks it is an AR. That says it all.
    2006 ZX-10R, 2005 KX250F, 2007 YZ85, PSL, WASR 10/63, Daniel Defense M4, Franken-AR, M44 1945 Izzy, and 91/30 1936 Tula...It's all about the toys and CA is full of stupid liberals who ruin it for gun owners.

I slapped a Ziess and a K31..... this gun is scary awesome!!
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."

Sigmund Freud

This one, and it's not a sniper... (1938 Lubeck K98, all matching)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s237_05aaaaa.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	184.0 KB 
ID:	469687
    I'm Lewie the Fly...

It's early in the morning. I though you posted "Lubbock" and I was just plain confused about a Texan Mauser (I mean, I knew that many Germans settled in Texas, have had great German food in Texas, but, well, Texas?). I wish I knew Mausers better so that I might be properly impressed. It's a handsome rifle in any case.

“A citizen may not be required to offer a good and substantial reason why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.”—Judge Benson E. Legg

For me its a tie between the next one I buy and the ones before it!

Favorite to go to the range with so far is my Tula PU or my Tula PEM

That would have to be my little H&R Plainsman .22. It holds 7 shots, and was my first weapon, of the firearms definition. I was 13 and traded a 30-pound feeder pig to Herschel Kimbrough, for it.

Second, the 94 Winchester that my Step-Dad gave me the following Christmas. He asked how I liked his new rifle, and I was dumbstruck, it was so pretty. Then he grinned and handed it to me and said, "Wanna hunt, today?" Yes, we did hunt, no, I didn't manage a kill, that day. BUT, a week later... I made meat for the family.

Memories beat value, just aboiut any time, for me.
    Join the PSL Owners' Group. I'll approve you as soon as I see your request.

Anyone else?(:

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie91/38 View Post
    Anyone else?(:

Yes, here are a couple of mine.

PTR44/ HK91

HDH.

And mine...

Name:	rightside.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	178.0 KB 
ID:	477735Click image for larger version. 

Name:	leftside.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	179.0 KB 
ID:	477736

Name:	HPIM1302 (Small).JPG 
Views:	13 
Size:	53.9 KB 
ID:	477734Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HPIM1087.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	326.7 KB 
ID:	477733Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HPIM1265 (Small).JPG 
Views:	18 
Size:	51.7 KB 
ID:	477732I like these.

I love to take a couple of Mosin carbines with the Czech Training Ammo, two PSL'S, two SVT's and one SVD with
    148 gr Wolf Ammo. Once in a while I evan get to shoot! The guys at the range are happy when I show up!!
    Cheers
    Doc

I guess you want a sniper?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCN9853.jpg  
    "Would you die in your sleep like an ailing pet?" - Serenity

The M1 Garand if I had to pick only one!

anymore?

I love them all too much to pick a "favorite", but certain ones hold my interest in short spurts. Right now, it's my recently completed K98 SSR clone.

Name:	K98 SSR Sniper 001.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	284.5 KB 
ID:	519457 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	K98 SSR Sniper 003.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	285.5 KB 
ID:	519458

It took a bit to get her dialed in, but it's very accurate with Yugo M75.

John

My Glock 22 loaded with .40 Hornady Critical Defense at 2:00 AM when something is bumping around on the deck...

Decisions decisions....Click image for larger version. 

Name:	063.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	287.6 KB 
ID:	519589

I love to shoot my BSW 625b trainer. It is my current favorite.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails .22 trainer 001.JPG   .22 trainer 004.JPG   .22 trainer 007.jpg  

Name:	Picture 955.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	321.3 KB 
ID:	519600Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 956.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	329.6 KB 
ID:	519601Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 957.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	318.5 KB 
ID:	519602 three of my favorite rifles amoung many. eastbank.