Default PMC Zapper 22lr questions

So, I've got some pretty old PMC Zapper 22lr ammo that was given to me after my Uncle passed away, and I've finally found the time put back together my Winchester 190 Semi in 22lr and 22L and might going to the range tomorrow with it, I've been wondering what the velocity was on this stuff? I think they're 40gr rounds but i'm not sure. I've got 750 rounds of this stuff so I might take a few hundred to blast off tomorrow. Thanks in advance.

George

Forgot to say, this isn't hollow point ammo either.

Not sure of the velocity but it's pretty accurate stuff, also collectible. Might want to check out prices on some gun auctions before you shoot it all up.

38 grain @ 1280 f p s .

FIVESHOT

Thanks guys, I do have 1000 rounds of some Remington 22lr that I guess I could shoot instead. I'll be leaving the PMC stuff at home if it's collectible. Thanks again!

So, what's the value of a box of the PMC & who will buy some?
    "Hey Look! We've got Guns ... and We've got Snacks!"
    - Cdr. Samuel "Sam" Axe, USN, (ret) -

A few years ago (2008) I paid $25 a brick for some PMC Moderators. I plan on shooting 'em. People pay outrageous prices for things on gunbroker. I don't know if that necessarily makes something collectible.

Several years ago when I purchased my Sav. Mark II with Accutrigger I picked up a couple of boxes of differ ammo to test accuracy with. The PMC Zappers either HP or solids preformed the best,CCI Mini Mags were a close second. I bought the last 3 bricks of the PMC they had for $15 per brick I still have 2 1/2 bricks and just use it for my hunting ammo. It does have a bit of a different smell to it after you fire a few rds. off

Nickel size bulls at 50 yds.
    SKS M59/66A1-Chinese /26\ Poly SKS / Mosin M44 / Savage 99 300 Sav. & Sav. 170B 30-30 / Ruger Blackhawk 357/9mm convertible / PA-63 Mak. / Sav. 93G 22 WMR & Sav. Mark II 22 RF. Long Branch 303.

Quote Originally Posted by Looter View Post
    A few years ago (2008) I paid $25 a brick for some PMC Moderators. I plan on shooting 'em. People pay outrageous prices for things on gunbroker. I don't know if that necessarily makes something collectible.
    I agree, the prices on there are outrageous and some are paying it. PMC Zapper ammo was unbelievably accurate in my 10/22, you just can't run to the store and buy it anymore. Friend of mine is a cartridge collector. When I see him at the UPS hub again, I'll ask.

Here's the PMC 22lr that I've posted about, the Remington 22lr is what I took tot he range along with various other 22lr rounds that had headstamps such as a single F or a U, a few jams with that stuff until I switched to the Remington Bulk pack, all ammo was dead on.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_3093.JPG   IMG_3094.JPG  

Ive seen vintage ammo go for $6.00 to $10.00 for a box of 50,the target grade ammo that PMC made can go for over $20.00 a box.So hang on to that ammo.In a phoenix arms 22 semi auto,the PMC 36 gr.HP Zappers will shoot 3 in groups at 25 yrds.The empty boxes bring $4 dollars a box too.

RnB80, you do realize that this thread is almost 3 years old? Probably not too relevant at this point.
    Always looking for interesting 7.62x25 Tokarev and 7.63 Mauser cartridges!!!
    Member: International Ammunition Assoc. (IAA), European Cartridge Research Assoc. (ECRA). Ask me about membership!

at this point in the 22lr world collectable ammo is now shooting ammo