Default The Pramm open rear sight

While many of the Members might be familiar with the AGJ micrometer rear sight due to the large production of them on the Husqvarna m/96 rifles, the Pramm micrometer rear sight seems to be a more scarce item.

I just bought an 1899 Carl Gustaf four digit m/96 FSR rifle that had such a sight mounted on it. I could see the simplicity of the workings, so I decided to make a post with some pictures to share with the Members.

I am not sure of the production dates of the open Pramm rear sight, and I think more people are aware of the Pramm Diopter sights. Perhaps a more knowledgeable Member can comment on the dates.

I can make it to the front gate in 3.2 seconds. Can you do it in 3.1?

USMCsean is offline Super Moderator / Silver Bullet member/ Rocket Scientist

Nice! I don't recall anyone posting a sight like this, let alone all the nice pics for descriptive purposes. Thanks!
    Semper Fi,
    Sean

Check out the newest forum on Gunboards! The Brass Exchange. Where reloaders can come and find the brass that they need. http://forums.gunboards.com/forumdis...Brass-Exchange

Please add your info for the Tikka 91/30 Survey at: http://forums.gunboards.com/showthre...=3975#post3975

We Marines believe that God gave America the greatest gift he could bestow to man while he lived on this earth-freedom. We also believe he gave us another gift nearly as precious-our soldiers, sailors, airmen, Coast Guardsmen, and Marines-to safeguard that gift and
    guarantee no force on this earth can every steal it away. It has been my distinct honor to have been with you here today. Rest assured our America, this experiment in democracy started over two centuries ago, will forever remain the "land of the free and home of the brave" so long as we never run out of tough young Americans who are willing to look beyond their own self-interest and comfortable lives, and go into the darkest and most dangerous places on earth to hunt down, and kill, those who would do us harm.
    Nov 13, 2010 Lt General John Kelly, USMC

swede is offline Moderator/Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet member

We have seen the Pramm micrometer sight before . Not many have been observed . When we find them for sale loose , the ramp is usually missing . The sight is pretty much worthless without the ramp . Not a piece that could be made easily by a machinist or gunsmith .

Nice clear photos of the Pramm sight !!!!!

Great thread and pics Buffdog! Now I understand that I am missing that ramp on my loose Pramm rear-sight. Funny is that Pramms diopter was approved already May 1946 but the Pramm rear-sight came later. The rear-sight wasnt allowed for 1947s competition but included in 1950s regulation. Lacking books for the years 1948-49 so I cant tell for sure what year it came in production.
    Vapen-Depoten were lacking Pramm diopter in 1947 catalogue but included in the 1948 catalogue. 1949 first time Pramm rear-sight was included in the Vapen-Depoten catalogue.
    Regards,
    ARILAR
    Arms are for hugging

swede is offline Moderator/Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet member

Default Pramm ramp

Here are the 3 parts needed for the Pramm micrometer sight .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pramm ramp 001 (640x406).jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by arilar View Post
    Great thread and pics Buffdog! Now I understand that I am missing that ramp on my loose Pramm rear-sight. Funny is that Pramms diopter was approved already May 1946 but the Pramm rear-sight came later. The rear-sight wasnt allowed for 1947s competition but included in 1950s regulation. Lacking books for the years 1948-49 so I cant tell for sure what year it came in production.
    Vapen-Depoten were lacking Pramm diopter in 1947 catalogue but included in the 1948 catalogue. 1949 first time Pramm rear-sight was included in the Vapen-Depoten catalogue.
    Regards,
    ARILAR
    It seems that we can count on ARILAR when it comes to providing those smaller details that make Gun Collecting interesting. Thanks for the dates and history of this sight. It would have been thought that the open sight would have been introduced before the Diopter sight, but this is not the case here.

I was impressed by the simplicity and design of the sight. It would have been easy to change the elevation cam and wheel for different types of ammunition, and it is quite solid and rugged.

The dates also fit in with the silver ownership plate inserted into the stock disk hole. It has the letters " S J " and the Hallmarks on the silver are a 1951 date.

Last edited by buffdog; 11-09-2011 at 06:14 AM.
    I can make it to the front gate in 3.2 seconds. Can you do it in 3.1?

I have seen many of the Pramm micrometer sights and own one myself. I would like to thank Henry for making sure I received the 3 vital parts for mine. Most people don't even know these 3 loose parts even go with the Pramm as they are attached to the gun separate of the ramp portion.

mauser38