Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 136 to 180 of 196
  1. #136
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    State of Confusion
    Posts
    3,106

    Default

    Unlike you, we have to throw doubt at every corner. If we don't, every bubba, club gun or failed prototype becomes a new variety that gets documented as real.

    When I see a different variety or different parts on a Mosin or a Nagant I record that it exists as a spurious example. When I see a second example or find documentation of production or source I start to believe that it could be real (it definitely depends on how credible the documentation is!).
    In this situation we have a questionable film showing an odd variation. What we don't have is a second example or any other documentation they were actually made in any quantity or who made this one. If it is a one off club rifle, then we won't find any more. If it is a prop made for the movie, we don't even know if it really functions and likely won't find another.

    So, unless you can show that there are more examples out there or someone finds documentation of the source of the one in the movie, I would suggest you give it up.
    BTW insulting people isn't really a good idea, it tells me that you are the one who needs go outside and play with the children untill you learn logic and respect!

    Joe
    Last edited by jleiper; 11-22-2011 at 10:45 AM.
    "Never increase, beyond what is necessary, the number of entities required to explain anything." William of Ockham (1285-1349)

  2. #137
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Ransom, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    2,094

    Default

    I think jleiper may be on to something with the P14 origin for the protected front sight...I recall the P14 being used extensively as a competition rifle in Eastern Europe in the interwar period, so is it not possible that the piece in question is little more than a conglomerate of bits and pieces from different rifles and not a dedicated, mass-produced rifle? Seems more logical to me than the rifle being an early Finnish prototype that somehow made its way directly to Soviet Russia straight off the assembly line. Just my opinion, tear me apart for it if you must, but from all I've gathered it'e the most likely solution to this question.
    Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.

  3. #138

    Default

    When folks like you cannot stir up trouble they attack the truth and the folks who post it'

    Here we are collectors not maybe folks, we buy weapons to keep.

    If there was any chance of this being a real prodution weapon and documentaion it would be here.
    Just because someone posts thing on the internet, that will not make it real. Don't let emotions dictate what you post as fact.

    Just the facts ,Person. I would put Mam, as Jack Webb said, but I know that would bring out the full moon.

    "Facts" except a dubbed film that show nothing. Not even if the shots were hers.

    As I said before I have seen some Bubba guns that make you think a rare weapon is out there.

    Just because a few say bubba has a nice rare weapon don't make it so'

    No facts.
    No documentation.
    No film that is not dubbed.
    No trust in any of this thread to show any of us real collecters that the " new weapon was used in the Fluff film.

    Quote Originally Posted by carol tenge View Post
    So its time to put this thread to bed???? Its really bed time for you and japari. Just because you are sceptics, you go trash the whole thread huh. We'll never learn the truth about this ultra rare mosin nagant with folks like you throwing doubt at every corner. Some brave soul will learn the truth and eventually post it. You children can go out and play, after you learn how to dress yourselves....

  4. #139
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sniperfreak View Post
    I think jleiper may be on to something with the P14 origin for the protected front sight...I recall the P14 being used extensively as a competition rifle in Eastern Europe in the interwar period, so is it not possible that the piece in question is little more than a conglomerate of bits and pieces from different rifles and not a dedicated, mass-produced rifle? Seems more logical to me than the rifle being an early Finnish prototype that somehow made its way directly to Soviet Russia straight off the assembly line. Just my opinion, tear me apart for it if you must, but from all I've gathered it'e the most likely solution to this question.
    Its great to at last see some positive input rather than the usual negativism weve been getting lately. To the other sceptics I say... Say what you want. The film is real. YOU sceptics PROVE it isnt. So there. Guilty until proven innocent is NOT the american way. You say its all a fraud, then get all your supporting pictures, documentation etc, and back up your litany of speculation, cause thats all it is. The film is real. Real, REAL!!!

  5. #140
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where JFK was shot and LBJ was born
    Posts
    4,027

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sniperfreak View Post
    I think jleiper may be on to something with the P14 origin for the protected front sight...I recall the P14 being used extensively as a competition rifle in Eastern Europe in the interwar period
    I also recall something about Estonia copying that front sight for their Mosins, so it's not implausible that the Russians used that sight as well...
    Signed,

    Fatherandersonthepaladin
    Purveyor of fine Mosins, Hater of Bubba, and Pantsless Evil Dictator of Eggplants.

  6. #141
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    537

    Default

    I posted a gun that was identified as a m/n trainer, but it was pointed out I was wrong, so I deleted it. Sorry folks
    Last edited by carol tenge; 11-22-2011 at 08:21 PM.

  7. #142
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Where Men are Men and Sheep are Nervous
    Posts
    1,703

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jleiper View Post
    I think it looks like a P-14 Enfield sight! That's much earlier and so should have had more influence! The Soviets would surely have known about it!

    Come on! Protected sights have been around a long time! Look at the Mauser 1891 carbines. Just because the Finns made a rifle with a protected sight doesn't mean it had any influence on the Soviets.

    As to the logic displayed in this, I have seen interplanetary space ships in other films, does that mean that they are real? You cannot prove to me that they don't exist - I saw them. Get the similarity? You can make any statement you want in a situation like this and since it is almost impossible to refute it, regardless of how unlikely it might be, somebody will defend it.
    BTW I'm not talking about Star Trek, but Flash Gorden, about the same period!

    What we are lacking here is documentation on any of this. We need records from a shooting club or one of the museums before we start looking for these.

    1. What we do know is that the film is questionable, even to the date that its last additions and edits were made. I have serious trouble with the 1929 release date. Is there a documented version of the film from 1929 or is the version we are seeing a later edited version from the mid to late 1930s?

    2. We know that the rifle is not a standard known variety, a friend at the Tula museum has confirmed that. It looks like a hybrid of a M91 dragoon (the stock, bolt and shorter barrel) and a TOZ-7 or 8 type target rifle (lack of magazine housing, the trigger guard and trigger). The protected front sight was a common rifle feature and in all probability has nothing to do with Finnish rifles (this connection is wishful thinking on somebody's part!). Since the variety seems to be generally unknown by reputable collectors and curators, it is likely that it is a prop made for the movie or simply a one off gunsmith special from the shooting club utilized for the movies because it looked more like a standard service rifle than a TOZ-8 from the period. My guess is that it is a purpose built piece made to look like a standard rifle just for the movie.

    3. The girl and the rifle handler are members of some organization as is evidenced by the common emblem on their shirts. I would suggest one of the local government sponsored shooting clubs. These are not the individuals you would find in a beer hall.

    4. The rifle is never actually fired in the film - even a .22 has some recoil!

    5. Rifles and pistols were under government control in the Soviet Union after 1918. The idea of randomly shooting for beer in the Soviet Union of the period in the manner depicted is not even close to believable! (I also want to know how they got that range in the building shown?)

    6. Unstaged Soviet movies and GPW still pictures are rarer than this rifle.

    We need some documentation on any of this before we accept this as a new model to chase, otherwise I will simply have my gunsmith make me one and it will be just as real!

    Joe
    At last some sanity thrown into this discussion..............

    Thanks Joe
    "The only real power comes out of a long rifle."- Joseph Stalin

  8. #143
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Waiting for Annexation
    Posts
    440

    Default

    I’m thinking it has to be a Japanese single shot trainer stolen sometime in 1919 or 1920 by the Japanese after it was shipped to Siberia in an effort to support the Allied intervention in the Russian civil war. It was then re-stolen back during a clandestine Soviet spy mission in 1925. A few years prior to this a Finnish military gunsmith defected to the Soviet Union after the communist party was banned in Finland. He was given a new identity as a local rifle club manager in Ukraine and is clearly the older man who gives the girl her gun. He had helped develop the eared front sight in Finland and was continuing his experiments under his new identity.

    Because both the mission and defection were covert, there is no paperwork to prove that it happened, so don’t ask me for any. The reason I know this is because it looks exactly like this gun seen here (Except for the front sight, of course). http://62x54r.net/MosinID/MosinRareJapanese1918.htm So, it is simply a one-off. This to me seems like the most logical explanation.

    Поховайте та вставайте,
    Кайдани порвіте
    І вражою злою кров'ю
    Волю окропіте.

  9. #144
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miller Tyme View Post
    At last some sanity thrown into this discussion..............

    Thanks Joe
    If you would look at my post above with the 1915 finnish M/N 22 finnish trainer, it shows anything is impossible, er possible. Im beginning to think negative like you guys.......

  10. #145
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Where Men are Men and Sheep are Nervous
    Posts
    1,703

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by carol tenge View Post
    Its great to at last see some positive input rather than the usual negativism weve been getting lately. To the other sceptics I say... Say what you want. The film is real. YOU sceptics PROVE it isnt. So there. Guilty until proven innocent is NOT the american way. You say its all a fraud, then get all your supporting pictures, documentation etc, and back up your litany of speculation, cause thats all it is. The film is real. Real, REAL!!!
    Hey everyone I think Carol is on to something.............. just by using her logic we now have a whole new series of Mosin Nagants to collect just because some gunsmith/bubba got an urge to produce a one of a kind rifle and to put in on film.


    I can't what to get this model for my collection.........

    "The only real power comes out of a long rifle."- Joseph Stalin

  11. #146
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Waiting for Annexation
    Posts
    440

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by carol tenge View Post
    If you would look at my post above with the 1915 finnish M/N 22 finnish trainer, it shows anything is impossible, er possible. Im beginning to think negative like you guys.......
    In fact it could be possible that it isn't even a .22 trainer. http://firearmsales.com.au/listings/...isting_id=4141

    Make: New England Westinghouse Company
    Model: Mosin Nagant 91/30
    Firearm Calibre: 7.62
    Serial Number: 801874
    Weapon category: Centrefire
    Поховайте та вставайте,
    Кайдани порвіте
    І вражою злою кров'ю
    Волю окропіте.

  12. #147
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Midwest.
    Posts
    10,852

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by carol tenge View Post
    I did a little searching and VIOLA! A finnish 1915 mosin nagant single shot 22 training rifle!! Its in australia, but its real and there ARE pictures. Type in: firearmsales.com.au then item 4141 This is an amazing piece, and just goes to show nobody knows all the stuff thats out there! Enjoy..
    There was no Finland as sovereign state in 1915.

  13. #148
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    537

    Default

    Boy was I suckered in. I typed in finnish mosin nagant 22 caliber trainer, and this ad came up. I missed the caliber in the description. Kick me. Seems you have anyway.

  14. #149
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    537

    wink2 yawn

    Quote Originally Posted by Miller Tyme View Post
    Hey everyone I think Carol is on to something.............. just by using her logic we now have a whole new series of Mosin Nagants to collect just because some gunsmith/bubba got an urge to produce a one of a kind rifle and to put in on film.


    I can't what to get this model for my collection.........

    negative nagative negative. How can you live like that. You have no spirit of collecting, and identifying rare guns, you just stick your heads in the sand. Sooner or later the mystery will be uncovered. Obviously without the help of you unbelievers! Im going to have a belt of old hawk, and hit the hay.... with my m39. Its warmer than the feeling I get from you.

  15. #150
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Joplin, MO
    Posts
    1,448

    Default

    Carol,

    Flaming well-respected members will get you nowhere fast. At least two are from Finland (where, for several posts, you claimed the rifle was from), and another is posessed of a great amount of knowledge where Russian small arms are concerned. Regardless of your belief, your lack of respect for those who deserve it (at least, in the firearms world) is troubling, and frankly, I'm surprised that someone hasn't put a stop to the name-calling and stick throwing already.

    Nobody disagrees with the statement that "the movie is real!" Of course it's real! There is a film. People appeared in it. The objects and people were somewhere in this selfsame space and time contiuum that we exist in. However, we must look at the facts. Communist countries of that day (and ever since) were quite fond of film as a form of propaganda.

    This idea is still in heavy use today, as evidenced by dictators like Kim Jong Il. Just type in his name and watch some of the things he has told his people, then shake your head in disbelief. Heck, even realtors use film/photo as propaganda! When you look through a local listing booklet, or watch "3D tours" on their web pages, you only see nice, peaceful images of tranquil neighborhoods. What you don't see is the train track, crack house, or other undesirable feature. By the way, no offense is intended to those of you who may be realtors....it's just good marketing strategy!

    And that's what this film is: very good marketing strategy. If you desperately want to sell something, you present it in the best possible light. Many could see that the idea of communism had some serious warts. I believe it was Thatcher who said, "The problem with communism is that eventually, you run out of everyone else's money." Well, this video is just an attempt to disprove that sort of thinking. "Look here! Everyone lives in an equal state of prosperity, because our leaders are benevolent enough to fairly distribute wealth to all!"

    You are fond of saying that you don't believe our government's lies. So why are you so quick to believe an antiquated video with a clearly communist agenda? As Joe said, why not believe in Flash Gordon, Star Trek, Indiana Jones, etc. etc.? You have not clearly stated WHY you believe that this film is completely truthful, other than the fact that you just think it is. Let me post a YouTube video of me shooting sub-MOA 2000-yard groups with my 12 ga. slug gun. There is no reason why you shouldn't believe it. I'll show it all on video, just as clearly as the Russian video shows this girl hitting targets in a gallery.

    This is getting very silly. You can believe WHATEVER you like. Just quit treating others disrespectfully and referring to yourself in the third person in the process of doing so.

    PSY
    "Proclaim this among the nations: Prepare for war! Rouse the warriors! Let all the fighting men draw near and attack. Beat your plowshares into swords and your pruning hooks into spears. Let the weakling say, 'I am strong!'" Joel 3:9-10

  16. #151
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    537

    Default

    Third person? HUH? You say I flame readers. Thats a third person observation. Your flaming ME! Where do I claim the rifle was from? Didnt others advance that too? Id like to see you shoot that 12 guage 2000 yards, that girl in the movie shot that womans hat from 2500 yards, its there in the movie.... dont you believe it? Im through with the whole lot of you. Ill say once more, someone will solve this mystery, and that will be a benefit to everybody, and a suprise to all the sceptics.

  17. #152
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    334

    Default

    We can argue this forever, but no one can deny that those are some cool monkey pillows under the Westinghouse in the link above.

  18. #153
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Where Men are Men and Sheep are Nervous
    Posts
    1,703

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hendere View Post
    We can argue this forever, but no one can deny that those are some cool monkey pillows under the Westinghouse in the link above.
    I think I saw those same pillows in the arcade video as a prize for hitting the bulls eye.............
    "The only real power comes out of a long rifle."- Joseph Stalin

  19. #154
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,037

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hendere View Post
    We can argue this forever, but no one can deny that those are some cool monkey pillows under the Westinghouse in the link above.
    You just had to bring that up, didn't you? Now we'll have to argue the existence of monkey pillows for days!

  20. #155
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Joplin, MO
    Posts
    1,448

    Default

    Hendere, you are absolutely right! Those monkey pillows ARE awesome!
    "Proclaim this among the nations: Prepare for war! Rouse the warriors! Let all the fighting men draw near and attack. Beat your plowshares into swords and your pruning hooks into spears. Let the weakling say, 'I am strong!'" Joel 3:9-10

  21. #156
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    6,974

    Default

    WOW! How did I miss pages 2-4 of this thread!

    Oh, and Mosin Nagants with P14 front sights do exist.


  22. #157
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Rocky Mountains, Colorful Colorado
    Posts
    3,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by martin08 View Post
    WOW! How did I miss pages 2-4 of this thread!

    Oh, and Mosin Nagants with P14 front sights do exist.

    Indeed they do ...I have a picture somewhere from the interwar years. Lokks like a full caliber rifle and not 22, and the uniform looks like militia/police. Right my picture files are a mess due to my old computer crashing. I'll try to find it this weekend, even though I was told to go to bed or get help getting dressed so I could go out and play with the other kids ...lol
    "Ole viisaasti höperö!" sanoi vääpeli Ryhmy
    Commissar Natalia Vengrovska Fan Club Life Member :-)
    Tired of the Police ? Try calling a Crackhead next time you need help
    ALWAYS looking for anything from Sortavala and Viipuri CG districts
    Looking for Norwegian Mauser K98F1 HÆR 43408 - the first military rifle I was issued

  23. #158

    Default


  24. #159
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Rocky Mountains, Colorful Colorado
    Posts
    3,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by carol tenge View Post
    So its time to put this thread to bed???? Its really bed time for you and japari. Just because you are sceptics, you go trash the whole thread huh. We'll never learn the truth about this ultra rare mosin nagant with folks like you throwing doubt at every corner. Some brave soul will learn the truth and eventually post it. You children can go out and play, after you learn how to dress yourselves....
    Just because I totally disagree with your assumptions and theory doesn't quite warrant personal attacks does it ? I prefer to look for reasonable explantions based on fact rather than right off the bat start to drift into fantasy land type of theories - especially since we can reasonably show, that it's the wrong direction. Oh never mind - I suspect I'll just trigger another vitriolic outburst.

    Anyway - NOBODY has denied the facts. It's a real movie (though staged), the gun is real. It's time to move on as far as what it might be instead of bickering and splitting hairs. So far Joe has had the by far most plausible explanation, based on knowledge, experience and facts. How about looking in the direction he's pointing. Finland is a dead end with regards to the rifle, let's see what other possibilities are there - that is, reasonable/plausible one's
    Last edited by jepari; 11-23-2011 at 12:52 AM. Reason: I can spell, just can't TIPE
    "Ole viisaasti höperö!" sanoi vääpeli Ryhmy
    Commissar Natalia Vengrovska Fan Club Life Member :-)
    Tired of the Police ? Try calling a Crackhead next time you need help
    ALWAYS looking for anything from Sortavala and Viipuri CG districts
    Looking for Norwegian Mauser K98F1 HÆR 43408 - the first military rifle I was issued

  25. #160
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    1,088

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jepari View Post
    Just because I totally disagree with your assumptions and theory doesn't quite warrant persinal attacks does it?....... Finland is a dead end with regards to the rifle, let's see what other possibilities are there - that is reasonable/plausible one's
    I can agree with this and am happy to now be aware of other possibiities.
    http://forums.gunboards.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=24847&dateline=122561  0333

  26. #161

    Default

    Go to bed like you were told bro.

    I always do and believe everything told and see on the internet....

    At least I am a good little boy. I will be 21 next year,

    Back to the weapons. I can't find the shot the lady made at 2500 feet. I need to see that so I can check out the weapon.

  27. #162
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Rocky Mountains, Colorful Colorado
    Posts
    3,301

    Default

    Lol ...I will do as you say little brother ...lol.
    I'm a bit confused about the 2500 yard shot too, think we might have missed something in that comment ...like maybe sarcasm or maybe being a typo ....but what the heck do I know .....???
    Guess I'll have to watch it agai. Certainly worth watching, kind of a neat film, as long as you see and understand it in the right perspective
    "Ole viisaasti höperö!" sanoi vääpeli Ryhmy
    Commissar Natalia Vengrovska Fan Club Life Member :-)
    Tired of the Police ? Try calling a Crackhead next time you need help
    ALWAYS looking for anything from Sortavala and Viipuri CG districts
    Looking for Norwegian Mauser K98F1 HÆR 43408 - the first military rifle I was issued

  28. #163

    Default

    I watched all three parts again.

    Much of it is toung in cheek.

    Good film to watch with the volume off and watch the people all around the actors and folks that had nothing to do with the film.

    I learned a lt about Communist of the time.

  29. #164
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Midwest.
    Posts
    10,852

    Default


  30. #165
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Tinley Park, IL
    Posts
    11,069

    Default

    "Relax, all right? My old man is a television repairman, he's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it."
    "You can't fix this Spicoli!"
    "I can fix it."

  31. #166
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    537

    Default

    Ive been looking high and low, but have turned up nothing on the shooting galley rifle. After all the fuss nobody yet has proved this film is staged! There is more propoganda in this thread than the old film.... Take it easy and be happy!

  32. #167
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Midwest.
    Posts
    10,852

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by carol tenge View Post
    Ive been looking high and low, but have turned up nothing on the shooting galley rifle. After all the fuss nobody yet has proved this film is staged! There is more propoganda in this thread than the old film.... Take it easy and be happy!
    One more time.

    Materials that Soviets published, and Joe and I examined, do not show such rifle. Which means that it is either: something unique or from small lot or did not survive passage of time. Take your pick.

  33. #168
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,037

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by carol tenge View Post
    After all the fuss nobody yet has proved this film is staged! There is more propoganda in this thread than the old film....
    I suppose you missed the reply where I pointed out that to film the "impacts" of the rounds, the camera and camera crew would have to be directly in the line of fire of the shooter. The film is filled with trick photography, stop motion animation, and creative editing to say the least. If you don't believe that, then the chess players setting the chess board at 12:52 in the film performed a more interesting and difficult task than the "marksman"!

    Propaganda? The only propaganda here is in the film which you seem to have bought unquestioningly.

  34. #169
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Where Men are Men and Sheep are Nervous
    Posts
    1,703

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by carol tenge View Post
    Ive been looking high and low, but have turned up nothing on the shooting galley rifle. After all the fuss nobody yet has proved this film is staged! There is more propoganda in this thread than the old film.... Take it easy and be happy!


    Nor have you proved it isn't staged............................................ ...
    "The only real power comes out of a long rifle."- Joseph Stalin

  35. #170
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Mana-Mana
    Posts
    2,449

    Default

    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
    "It's such a fine line between stupid and clever."
    -David St.Hubbins

  36. #171
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Ransom, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    2,094

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ij70 View Post
    One more time.

    Materials that Soviets published, and Joe and I examined, do not show such rifle. Which means that it is either: something unique or from small lot or did not survive passage of time. Take your pick.
    I'm still going with the idea that it's a one-off conglomerate of parts from multiple rifle models, as I still believe that is the most logical solution to this dilemma.
    Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.

  37. #172

    Default

    I think it is plain to see that many parts of the film have been staged but that does not change the fact that the rifle the girl is using may be real.We just have not identified it yet....and we may never.

  38. #173
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    537

    Default

    Amen.

  39. #174
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Ransom, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    2,094

    Default

    and, to anyone who is not willing to believe the P14 connection, here's a little video I found on the development of Russian sniper weapons...note the rifles in the early shooting scenes are all P14's and Canadian Ross rifles.

    http://youtu.be/mAF41B1unJ4
    Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.

  40. #175
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,037

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sniperfreak View Post
    and, to anyone who is not willing to believe the P14 connection, here's a little video I found on the development of Russian sniper weapons...note the rifles in the early shooting scenes are all P14's and Canadian Ross rifles.

    http://youtu.be/mAF41B1unJ4
    Thanks for posting! I was was taking Russian language lessons a few years ago but that fell by the wayside. Too bad, the video would be much more interesting if I understood it better. Regardless, the video is really interesting.

    I agree and have thought the ears looked more like a P14 type ears myself. However, the film just isn't clear enough. I don't think we'll ever know what the rifle in the film was, if it was even a functioning rifle at all.

  41. #176
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    537

    Default

    I havent given up looking for this rifle, and I think I found it!!! Here is one of its close relatives in this thread in the 22 caliber forum: "Finnish Mosin Nagant M/27 Trainer". Loaded with pictures!! Look, then review the movie.... amazing!! Whatcha think?

  42. #177
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Midwest.
    Posts
    10,852

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by carol tenge View Post
    I havent given up looking for this rifle, and I think I found it!!! Here is one of its close relatives in this thread in the 22 caliber forum: "Finnish Mosin Nagant M/27 Trainer". Loaded with pictures!! Look, then review the movie.... amazing!! Whatcha think?
    Finland is not USSR. Do open World Atlas sometime.

  43. #178
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    537

    Default

    I didnt say anything about finland not being ussr? Where do you bring up that drift from? look smart ass, thats the way its posted. If you dont like it, get off with your negativity. There are some folks here who want to learn.

  44. #179
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Midwest.
    Posts
    10,852

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by carol tenge View Post
    I didnt say anything about finland not being ussr? Where do you bring up that drift from? look smart ass, thats the way its posted. If you dont like it, get off with your negativity. There are some folks here who want to learn.
    So what you are saying is that: USSR copied Finn training rifle, one such copy was used in the movie that you found. Is this where you going with it?

  45. #180
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    6,974

    Default

    I see no linky to the .22 cal trainer thread.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •