Thread: Spanish Mauser M93 Help needed

Question Spanish Mauser M93 Help needed

I could use some advice as to what this Mauser I have really is. I acquired it recently along with 3 other (non Mauser) guns. It was in its original mailing carton from Interarms, Alexandria Virginia. One end of the carton is labeled M/W No. 762 M93 Mauser Rifle cal. 7MM. Also in the carton was an extra barrel with sights, apparently new, serial # H2060 plus a couple of proof marks (?), and clearly not 7MM. The extra barrel was wrapped up in newspaper from August 1978. The rifle itself is 100% complete and is in near perfect to new condition. The metal bluing is flawless and the wood is almost perfect. There is considerable cosmoline in the bolt, receiver, magazine and barrel areas. There is no crest or writing on the receiver. The only numbers I can see (I have not disassembled it beyond taking the bolt out) are:

RF00831 deeply stamped on the top of the bolt handle and the left side of breech, behind the gas vent.
    831 on the trigger guard forward assembly.
    31 on the magazine floor plate.

So, what is this? If its been refinished, the previous condition must have been pretty good as there is no evidence of metal gouging or pitting or previous rust. Most of the screw heads are unscratched. Of course, the inevitable question; what do you think its worth? Any and all help will be much appreciated.

It is dangerous to use a shipping carton to identify a rifle. It would be much better to post photos, all markings, etc.

how long is the barrel?

Sounds like a Spanish rebuilt M1916 short rifle, worth maybe $200.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Spanish M1916 Short Rifle 1.JPG   Spanish M1916 Short Rifle 2.JPG  
    click for photo: http://militarysignatures.com/signat...ember14422.png

"Old men do not suffer fools gladly." -- Fritz, 3/17/14

Default More details on the M93

OK, so the barrel on the rifle and the spare that came with it are 29". The Rifle overall is 48 1/4", just 3/4" shorter than my GEW 98. I've attached some pictures that perhaps will help. Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PICT0022.jpg   PICT0009.jpg   PICT0011.jpg   PICT0012.jpg   PICT0013.jpg  

Then a Spanish rebuilt M1893 long rifle, worth maybe $250.
    click for photo: http://militarysignatures.com/signat...ember14422.png

"Old men do not suffer fools gladly." -- Fritz, 3/17/14

Thanks guys for your input and assistance. With your help, I was able to confirm the identity via targeted research based on your observations. Since I'm not totally enamored of this rifle, I think I'll "wear" it to the Vallejo gun show this coming weekend and see what kind of offers of cash or trade it solicits. Again, Thanks!