Default WTT: Rare Siamese Pistol

up for trade is a rare Siamese target pistol. these pistols are super hard to find here in the states and the few examples that exist outside of the US are in museums. this one is serial number 33 and is the highest serial numbered example known to exist. the bore is very good plus. the pistol is chambered in the 8x52r cartridge i believe. i wanted to shoot this pistol, but with limited reloading expertise and not enough time on my hands to work up a load for it, it just sits on display. my interests are changing a bit and i would like to start getting the more common stuff i have neglected over the years. I'm interested in the following items for trade:

enfields
    1903a3
    late war Japanese rifles, pistols, bayonets, etc.

or shoot me an offer......it be something i want but just can't think of it at the moment.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1821.jpg   IMG_1822.jpg   IMG_1823.jpg   IMG_1824.jpg   IMG_1825.jpg   IMG_1826.jpg  

PM sent.

Siamese "Type 66" ( cartridge, 8x52R, of 1923, or year 2466) "Horse/Elephant Destroyer". The Siamese (RTA) Army used both Horses and Elephants in the 1920s-30s . Thailand has large areas of open grassland in central to upper Thailand, and Mounted Troops were commonly used there. Elephants have been used in Siam since before Flintlock Musketry, both for Load Transport and for Battle.

Whilst a normal Revolver would be sufficient to put down a wounded Horse, a wounded Elephant would need something more substantial, such as a HiVel Jacketed Bullet, even if applied close to the skull. And such a single shot pistol would be more manageable up close to a wounded and agitated Elephant.

Target Pistol...what utter BS/malarkey/ Elephant Feathers....

The Gun is most probably Thai Army made (Bungsoo Arsenal, outside Bangkok) which was equipped and advised by British interests from the 1920s (BSA and Vickers).

Regards,
    Doc AV
    AV Ballistics.

So basically, it's a "Howdah" pistol. Cool. I never thought target, cuz of no serious rear sight.