Default Yugo M1924 / M1924b ?

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=266164167 Just won this one on GB. M1924 mm , don't know the serial # but looks like the safety and the bolt shroud match. Seems to have a M1924b hand guard ,front band and possibly 24b rear band ? Not too worried about the head space issue , I'll use my field gauge and see how that goes . For the price I couldn't resist . Comments more than welcome . Thanks in advance .
    Last edited by Tater792; 12-26-2011 at 08:16 AM.
    Dang PoP's, when are you gonna get a hearing aid ?!?! My Sons

Well,...

It's a Model 1924 barreled action in what appears to me to be a refurbed 24/47 stock and handguard. From what I can see, the smaller parts are all typical for either M1924 or 24/47 rifles. There is no such thing as '1924b parts,' though. The Model 1924b rifles were built largely with German small parts, often from Gewehr 98 or Mexican contract 1912 rifles. Closer inspection of the small parts will give you an idea of their probable origin. The trigger guard appears to be from a Model 1924, but there's not alot of detail in the seller's pics.

I'd suggest taking some closer pics once you get the rifle in hand and we'll be able to help you out with identifying them at that point.

Pat

Pat
    No one ever got into Valhalla unarmed.

Not a 24/47 or other intermediate length Yugoslav action handguard there Poot. That's a short handguard like from a model 30 or, as he mentioned, from an M1924B, though I don't see anything to specify it necessarily as Yugoslav. plainly, it didn't go with that or that type rifle.
    "In times of trouble and of war, God and soldiers we adore;
    When wars are done and wrongs are righted, God's forgotten and the soldier slighted."
    Olde English proverb, origin unknown

I do not play the computer "friend" game, thing. Please do not "friend" me. I will gladly answer PMs if you want contact with me.

Not the hand-guard, the stock. It looks as if it's been gone over a time or two, at least. And yes, it definitely does not belong on that rifle!

Pat
    No one ever got into Valhalla unarmed.

Thanks for the comments Pat and Nug. The stock does look like its been " gone over " at least once . The hand guard and the front band are what thru me at first . When it arrives I'll do some detailed pics and we'll see what we have .
    Dang PoP's, when are you gonna get a hearing aid ?!?! My Sons