Thread: Sig sauer p6

Default Sig sauer p6

Just traded for a Sig P 6 . Never seen one before .

Made in Germany . Date 1980 . Any information

appreciated .

FIVESHOT

Old school single stack full size 9mm. Kinda pathetic since there are P226, 228 and 229.

IJ70

They say these are compact pistols .

Where can I get factory mags for the

225 / 6 ?

FIVESHOT

They are not compact. Makarov is compact, CZ-82 is compact, one of those Kahr pocket nines is compact, this SIG will be a little bigger than any of these. P225/P6 is single stack, P226 double stack, same pistols though.

Magazines are a problem. CDNN has P225 magazines which I think should work in P6 for 34 dollars: http://www.cdnninvestments.com/sig2259mm8rd.html

You can get used police trade in P226 9mm with 2 15 round magazines for 480 dollars. Or used P226 40cal with 2 12 round magazines for 460 dollars. Figure with shipping and transfer 500-540 dollars.

Egads !

FIVESHOT

these are WAAAAAYYYYYY to expensive now. Originally they were about 300 with holster, spare mag. I'd never pay what they want now for one....

Fiveshot, Top Gun Supply has SIG factory 8rnds for them. The P6 is good a gun. Kinda an in between size. Not a compact and not full size. I have one from 1980. They say the early ones have trouble with hollowpoints due to the feed ramp. That may be true with some guns and some loads, but mine will fire the Winchester JHP 115 and 147 noproblem, no jams. The P6 compared to the commercial 225 has a heavier trigger pull and uses heavier springs. The SIG forum has alot of info on these.

Quote Originally Posted by d-square View Post
    Fiveshot, Top Gun Supply has SIG factory 8rnds for them. The P6 is good a gun. Kinda an in between size. Not a compact and not full size. I have one from 1980. They say the early ones have trouble with hollowpoints due to the feed ramp. That may be true with some guns and some loads, but mine will fire the Winchester JHP 115 and 147 noproblem, no jams. The P6 compared to the commercial 225 has a heavier trigger pull and uses heavier springs. The SIG forum has alot of info on these.
    40 dollars: http://www.topgunsupply.com/sig-sauer-p225-magazines/

you guys don't think paying 450 to 500 bucks for a used, usually heavily worn single stack 9mm that takes expensive and somewhat hard to find mags isn't crazy? I sure do. I only wish I'd held on to mine for a bit longer before I sold them.

IJ70 There not cheap for a factory SIG, that's for sure. I have heard that Pro-Mag makes one for 1/2 the cost but there reccomended by those who have used them only for the range and not to be relied on for SHTF scenarios. I have no experience with them however. I got 4 mags for mine. It came with 2 and I had an extra one on order from Top Gun supply when I was wandering through Gander Mountain and came accross a discount/clearence table with a P6 factory mag on it with a $4.99 price. These are the times when I'm glad these guys know nothing more than to point you in the direction of the Mens room when asked.

Ruskie, AIM surplus has Trade in SWISS made 225's for just over $300 right now but they have heel releases. I wish money wasn't tight right now for me I would get one. I'm not good with links like this. ......Maybe IJ70 can help us out!

Quote Originally Posted by d-square View Post
    Ruskie, AIM surplus has Trade in SWISS made 225's for just over $300 right now but they have heel releases. I wish money wasn't tight right now for me I would get one. I'm not good with links like this. ......Maybe IJ70 can help us out!
    http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.as...225+9mm+Pistol
    We AIM to please.

Thanks for the information fellers .

FIVESHOT

Of course the Sig is a fine pistol

but it ain't no GLOCK !

FIVESHOT

I see my comments have been removed.....interesting. Just think the prices on these have inflated terribly.

Quote Originally Posted by ruskiegunlover View Post
    I see my comments have been removed.....interesting. Just think the prices on these have inflated terribly.
    We got the point the after first time you said it. Why repeat yourself 3x?

19 dollas for ProMag.
    40 dollars for factory.

No Pro Mag .

Ever .

FIVESHOT

why repeat myself? BECAUSE MY POST WAS DELETED. Don't really get why.....

excellent gun. i use it in informal competitions. can't say anything bad about a sig. always work and excellent accuracy. bought 2 when they were less than 300 and lots of extra mags when they were 15. yes, a bit pricey now. kind of big to use as a carry gun. hope you didn't pay a lot, but even so, a fine quality gun that i am keeping.

Quote Originally Posted by ruskiegunlover View Post
    why repeat myself? BECAUSE MY POST WAS DELETED. Don't really get why.....
    Now, now.. no need to shout.

I see three separate posts to the thread where you've expressed what you think about the price on these. I doubt anyone deleted your post, unless it was rude or inappropriate. I think we get that you feel these pistols are expensive now.

Expensive ? What is your life worth ?

FIVESHOT

The promags have worked good in mine so far. I only tried 2 of them and have 2 original. Will always use the sig mags for SD. The sig does not like russian steel cased ammo though.

I got 4 P6's and 14 Sig mags to go with mine, I've paid as little as $25 for 3 mags at a gun show so it does pay to look for them, I've yet to pay over $15 for a mag. The one promag I had worked find, maybe being a single stack they can get that one right BTW I found the promag in a no name box at a show for $5 so it was worth a try (sold it with the 5th P6 I had).
    When your smiling the whole world smiles with you

humbug is offline Platinum Bullet Member/Moderator

The 225 is a classic "P" series SIG. The 225 is a single stack version of the 228/229. Thumb release mags will work in the heel release version. They are good guns when available at a decent price.

Is 450 bucks a decent price though? I guess thats a personal question.....I regrest selling my first one, as it was crazy accurate. The second I had couldn't hit anything, so I sold it.

Just wonder if we'll see more at a decent price, or if they are going to stay at 450 plus.....

The Russian ammo I had problems with in the Sig was Novosibirsk LVE. It was very cheap at AIM in early 2011 and I don't see it available any more. The slide jammed and would not open, it took alot of shaking and trying to work the slide to get it to open. I didn't have any similar issues with other ammo and I do use Brown Bear and wolf occasionally.

Quote Originally Posted by ij70 View Post
    P225/P6 is single stack, P226 double stack, same pistols though.
    They are not the same pistols. The 228 is the double stack version of the 225 and P6. The 226 is a larger pistol in both length and height.

Many folks find the 225 a great carry pistol. They're large enough to handle like a full size pistol, yet slightly lighter and more trim in the grip area than the 228's and 229's.

The P6 / P225 is a great pistol as Sigs go

but on a scale of 1 to 10 ( GLOCK being 11 )

the Sig pulls down a solid 5

FIVESHOT

I had a p225 for a while. It shot great and never jammed. I traded it for a g17.

I recently got my P6 out for a range trip
    and I gotta say that I really like it a lot.
    Too bad it's just single stack...but so are most of my Maks.

видеодон

Clyde is online now Gold Bullet Member and Noted Curmudgeon

Quote Originally Posted by FIVESHOT View Post
    The P6 / P225 is a great pistol as Sigs go

but on a scale of 1 to 10 ( GLOCK being 11 )

the Sig pulls down a solid 5

FIVESHOT
    Actually, in my view, after having shot a number of Glocks and sigs over the years, if you put a Glock as an 11 on a 1 to 10 scale, it is over-rated by about 7 or 8....

Sig would be from 6 to 8. depending on the model.
    Absent comrades (sound of breaking glass)

Ron Swanson you did well . Very well .

FIVESHOT

Pachmayr grips will change the way the P6/225 feels/handles for the better. If anyone is interested the Part number is 03113.
    Fine Print:
    The preceeding opinion should be considered only as an opinion and not legal advice. In no event will the poster, Unbekannt, be held liable to any party for any damages arising in any way out of the availability, use, reliance on or inability to use poster's opinion or any information provided by or through the poster, or for any claim attributable to errors, omissions or other inaccuracies in, or destructive properties of any information provided by or through the poster.

Quote Originally Posted by unbekannt View Post
    Pachmayr grips will change the way the P6/225 feels/handles for the better. If anyone is interested the Part number is 03113.
    I have Pachmayr on mine...it really makes it better.

Last edited by videodon; 12-31-2011 at 02:12 PM. Reason: added pic

видеодон

I put the Pachmayr grips on mine and it completely changed the feel of the gun.

These make great pistols for people with smaller hands. My wife still loves her P-225, so I bought her a P6 as a back up to that.