Thread: A-12 Avenger II

Default A-12 Avenger II

http://www.urbanghostsmedia.com/2011...pears-on-ebay/

Odd...you'd think that just about everything would have been destroyed after the program failed.

Not sure if the canopy is the production stealthy one or an early one planned for a test bird.

Ordinarily stuff will be saved as long as space is available, then sold or scrapped when either its deemed useless or they need the space for something better. A lot of it comes in use for various test and development projects.
    I swear by Jupiter Optimus Maximus .... in the army of the consul Lucius Quinctius Cincinnatus and for 10 miles around it I will not steal anything worth more than a sestertius in any one day.

I could easily see that canopy winding up on a Land Speed Record car or an Unlimited Class boat!
    "Adult Literacy can be your friend."

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog57 View Post
    I could easily see that canopy winding up on a Land Speed Record car or an Unlimited Class boat!
    Well, it'd be too big and too heavy for a Bonneville car...they tend to have the smallest glass possible to minimize drag. Now the Unlimited Class...the original Miss Budweiser turbine boat used a piece of an F-5 canopy.