Default K98 Bayonet Rarity?

Are some K98 bayonet codes rarer than others? I have a friend that wants one and before I let one go for cheap or free, I'd like to know what I am giving him.

Thanks in advance.

Yes. Depends whether there matching or not, and some coded k98 bayonets are worth a hundred, others are worth hundreds. List what codes you have and what condition theyre in and I can give you a ballpark number of what its worth. Hope I can help. John.

I have a few. One is Clemens & Jung. It has a scabbard and frog. I'll look up the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Emo View Post
    I have a few. One is Clemens & Jung. It has a scabbard and frog. I'll look up the others.
    If you could give more details if it is matching, condition, if it has a frog or not. dents on the scabbard? Years? codes?

Thanks

More important is if its been sharpened.. Give him one of those..

**Looking for nice un-refinished late steyr (BNZ45) stock..

98K bayonets with riveted grips are very expensive.SGX,ddl,bym,pyy are some of the harder to find late war codes.These will be like new but have machining marks very present on pommel.The bakelite grips will be odd color-redder or more orange than the what was used in 1940-44.Matching is a big deal.Heck most 98K bayonets seem to be 70-175 and the late war riveted grips can go up to 300 or more.just my .02
    The Truth is Concrete-Bertolt Brecht
    While much is too strange to be believed,nothing is too strange to have happened-Thomas Hardy

Check ebay for K98 bayonets with bids, near the end of the auction..that is how to check market as the entire USA as well as Europe are bidding..any matching K98 in average condition goes for around a 100 bucks..some go through the roof

I recently acquired 3 matching bayonets with frogs. Two of the bayonets have tropical or Afrika Korps frogs and the other has a leather frog. The bayonets have the matching scabbards and are all unsharpened. The codes are:
    41CUL, 43ASW, and 43AGV. Can anyone tell me anything about these bayonets? Two of them have walnut grips and all 3 came out of the estate of a collector. Thanks

Some codes are rarer USCS. The 43 agv is a bit more desireable, as is the 41 cul. The 43 asw is about as common as they come. Condition is extremely important to value. Would need to see pics, including the frogs. Don't remove the original frogs from them if they are original to the pieces. Plenty of repro "DAK frogs", but they aren't particularly rare, unless an unusual variant. Value from what you've given is about $100 to $300.
    http://k98kforum.com/
    K98k Research and Reference Forum
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life. " -
    Sir Winston Churchill

Hambone,

I will snap some pics. These came out of the estate of a gent in South Dakota along with a ton of bringback items. I was able to grab a DOT44 K98. That rifle had a .22 insert inside. All numbers match on the K98 and the ERMA insert. I was also able to grab a G43. The two tropical/AK frogs appear to be made of different material. I will snap a few pics of the bayonets and post them for you when I get home. Thanks

USCS03