Thread: Erma Excam RX22

Default Erma Excam RX22

A secretary at work gave me her late husbands pistol 2 years ago. She just wanted it out of the house. No jambs and SP after a complete take down and cleaning. Today she comes in with the box, directions and even the bag it came in. Said she found it cleaning the house and did I want it.Glad she didn't throw it away. Not the best gun in the world but at least it's all there. Box is probably worth more than the pistol.
    .Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Erma.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	286.8 KB 
ID:	501527

Is that the one that eventually marketed by Iver Johnson as the TP22? Not a bad pot metal pistol.

Clyde is offline Gold Bullet Member and Noted Curmudgeon

Excam was the importer/distributor, Erma the maker.
    Absent comrades (sound of breaking glass)

Pot metal. That would explain why there was a bunch of metal filings piled up in the slide by the firing pin. The end of the magazine had an extension on it that you could grip to pull it out that has broken off. at almost $40 for a new one i think i'll just live with it being a bit of a pain to get out. don't know about the Tp22 I think they were separate.

Nice pistol. Have also some of those.

Your RX22 has the exact size of the PPK where the TP22 is much smaller with the same shape.
    Erma Collector - always on the search for Erma stuff.

Please help me getting forward with my book about Erma by sending me details about your Erma's (described here).

Dont knock it...Its a fine pistol. I had one and its very reliable and accurate. The only down side is .22lr is so dirty that crud builds up on the feed ramp and it soon starts to jam. just keep her clean and she'll be good to you.

Heck, if you dont want it, I'll give you a hundred bucks for it.

Thanks for the offer mojo00 but i'm not in the market to sell. I just got back into guns a few years ago after my kids grew up and stopped using my money faster than I could make it. So I am still in the buying stage. I like the size of thing it fits in a coat pocket very nicely when walking the dogs on my property. It took a few tries to find its favorite ammo but it loves the Winchester 36 GR PHP. It sure is loud as heck. I just have to keep an eye out for a used mag at the gun shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Daves-M1A View Post
    Thanks for the offer mojo00 but i'm not in the market to sell. I just got back into guns a few years ago after my kids grew up and stopped using my money faster than I could make it. So I am still in the buying stage. I like the size of thing it fits in a coat pocket very nicely when walking the dogs on my property. It took a few tries to find its favorite ammo but it loves the Winchester 36 GR PHP. It sure is loud as heck. I just have to keep an eye out for a used mag at the gun shows.
    A wise man finds the ammo that works reliably in his pistol, good work!
    03man - Don Voigt
    Author of "The Japanese T99 Arisaka Rifle" 2010 edition
    Co-author of "The Knee Mortars of Japan 1921-1945" 2011 edition
    Near Charlotte, NC

Default Erma Excam RX22

We have 2 of the Erma RX22's. One with brown grips the other all in black. If anyone is interested we're looking to sell.