Thread: Westley Richards serial number records?

Default Westley Richards serial number records?

I just put a webley on layaway that is marked westley richards and so made an inquiry with WR in the UK about getting a copy of the sales ledger page for my pistol, etc. They replied that they don't have complete records for pistols that were sold and therefore won't even look for it!! Now that's what I call service! So, I'm wondering if there are other other avenues to obtain these records. I know there is a guy in the UK that has all the mauser c96 sales records. I'll try to contact him to see if there are other pistols mixed in. Are there other WR records in private hands? Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

Best,

John

You can check with Richard Milner, http://www.armsresearch.co.uk/, he holds all the Webley Docs and Archives, he may have data on yours. A real stand up guy, also peruses this forum! Good luck

Thank you. I know about Richard. As a matter of fact I just sent off a request form for Records about another webley. I'll ask him but I assumed all he would have was the record of sale from webley to WR?

Emailed Richard Milner and he has a record of the pistol being sold to another firm who probably returned it and then it was sold to WR. He doesn't have a record of the WR transaction. Also heard from WR again and the only handgun records they have are for the C96 and Bergmann pistols. All other handgun sales records are missing! Disappointing to say the least. Oh well, it's a nice pistol and I will post photos when I get it.

John