Question 26.5 mm Flare pistols

Is there a forum where one can ask about these pistols? Can you do that here ?

what do ya want to know?? there are a lot of different kinds, makes for interesting collecting..my newest accessory for these is a 410/45 colt insert adaptor

There really isn't a dedicated flare discussion area here but generally are discussed in the "Militaria" area or under the specific country of origin, i.e. Czech weapons has some discussions of Czech flare pistols. There is a relatively new forum dedicated to flare guns that has a lot of information and pictures: http://www.flaregunforum.com/
    Saab 1950-2011. RIP

Where did you get the 410/45 colt insert adapter? It sounds really cool.

Paddy

I bought the Pole clone of the H&K flare pistol. Its 26.5 mm as I understand it.
    My question is does this pistol have an adapter to fire other flares? The bag/holster
    that came with it has loops for flares in it but they are way smaller than a 26.5 mm
    flare so I was thinking the Pole flares must be smaller than this size and fit into a
    adaptor of some sort and then shoved into breach of the pistol.

I also hear there is a 12 gauge adaptor to use current Marine flares as sold in USA
    as that is the standard size signal flare sold.

Any info on the above would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by milprileb View Post
    I bought the Pole clone of the H&K flare pistol. Its 26.5 mm as I understand it.
    My question is does this pistol have an adapter to fire other flares? The bag/holster
    that came with it has loops for flares in it but they are way smaller than a 26.5 mm
    flare so I was thinking the Pole flares must be smaller than this size and fit into a
    adaptor of some sort and then shoved into breach of the pistol.
    lol
    You might want to skip the silly fantasies, get right flares here:

Now Shipping, NOTE: a one time $20 Hazmat fee is added on each shipment of flares, regardless of quantity. (The regular FEDEX ground shipping fees are included in the price) Dealers inquire on case lots.
    DESCRIPTION PRICE ADD COMMENT
    26.5mm Signal Cartridges, 10 round Brick, Red Flare $35.00 Czech (Single star flare)
    26.5mm Signal Cartridges, 10 round Brick, Green Flare $35.00 Czech (Single star flare)
    26.5mm Signal Cartridges, 10 round Brick, Blue Smoke $35.00 Smoke Cartridge
    26.5mm Signal Cartridges, 10 round Brick, Red Rain $35.00 Czech (Multiple star flare)
    PARACHUTE ILLUMINATION FLARES $45.00 26.5mm Parachute Illumination Flares. 10rd sealed box. Light up the night! For use in the 26.5mm flare guns.
    26.5mm Signal Cartridges, 30rd multi-pac $100.00 One box each of Green Signal, Red Signal, Parachute Ilumination. You can add an additional box of Blue Smoke for $25.

Postal Mail
    Dan's Sporting Goods
    #84, Route380
    Apollo, PA 15613

UPS Delivery / Warehouse
    Dan's Sporting Goods
    #84, Route380
    Apollo, PA 15613
    Warehouse Order Pickup
    Monday thru Friday 9:00 AM till 5:00 PM
    Call First!!
    Phone Lines
    Phone: 724 727 2648
    Fax: 724 727 2649

Okay IJ... what fantasies are you talking about? Its not fantasy to shoot 12 ga. standard marine USA marine flares and
    the adapter to do so makes sense as those will always be around when milsurp flares are gone.

If the fantasy is buying adapters to violate Fed. Laws, you must read my post carefully, I did not mention this nonsense
    and frankly, want nothing to do with that kind of thing. My focus is on flares, what works, what requires an adapter and
    why my holster has loops in it for flares which are way smaller than the size of this pistols chambers.

So ... what fantasy is it you are talking about? I don't get it . That said, thank you for the site for those flares and price note
    on hazmat. That is very helpful.

This flare pistol goes on the boat. I think it a good investment and my son goes out on that boat. If he needs help, this may
    be invaluable for him. If not.... I have spent far more on a lousy dinner and regretted the experience !

Okay IJ... what fantasies are you talking about? Its not fantasy to shoot 12 ga. standard marine USA marine flares and
    the adapter to do so makes sense as those will always be around when milsurp flares are gone.

If the fantasy is buying adapters to violate Fed. Laws, you must read my post carefully, I did not mention this nonsense
    and frankly, want nothing to do with that kind of thing. My focus is on flares, what works, what requires an adapter and
    why my holster has loops in it for flares which are way smaller than the size of this pistols chambers.

So ... what fantasy is it you are talking about? I don't get it . That said, thank you for the site for those flares and price note
    on hazmat. That is very helpful.

This flare pistol goes on the boat. I think it a good investment and my son goes out on that boat. If he needs help, this may
    be invaluable for him. If not.... I have spent far more on a lousy dinner and regretted the experience !
    Buy the right flares.

The bag/holster that came with it has loops for flares in it but they are way smaller than a 26.5 mm
    flare
    Now that you mention it, I have the same gun and green bag with the leather flaps, and for the life of me I can't fit the standard Czech flares in the loops, at least more than a couple.

Yeah, same here so I was thinking the Poles had a adapter to use a smaller diameter flare. Yet... its 26.5 size bore there in the pistol .

Of course, it may be the Poles changed flare guns and flare sizes but did not change out the existing bag/ holster and used the older style for the newer pistol.

Or... some importer mated X countrys bag/holster to my Pole pistol.

I dunno.. thought I would ask about that and see what others thought.

I guess IJ got lost in his fantasy thing, sometimes his transmissions are off frequency for me but then again,
    he ain't from Kentucky so its no wonder I don't get it.

Polk County, Florida - out in the boonies

Cannot speak for the holster/flare carrier. However, I have one of the Polish flare pistols and purchased 4 boxes of the Czech flares from Dan's ammo a few years ago. They shoot well in the Pole and are a lot of fun to shoot on the 4th of July. At one time, I picked up a whole box full of short (about 1 1/2") one inch, Navy red flares and they fit the gun and fired but most of the "flares" were duds (dated 1945)

I also have a 12 gauge adapter and use it with the Polish flare pistol and the 12 gauge flares I purchase at Walmart. The flares are made by Olin Industries. For the life of me, I cannot remember where I bought the adapter. It MAY have been Sportsman Guide but I am just not sure. I AM pretty sure I paid more for the adapter than I did for the pistol. yikes!
    American by birth, Southern by the Grace of God!
    http://fantasyofflight.com/
    VENISON - It's whats for Dinner!

The US adaptor seems a wise investment as new made USA flares have got to have a longer shelf life
    and be the ticket for the boys boat. I don't want him to need a flare and all he has are milsurp ones that fizzle

Murphys Law prevails with such things.

Polk County, Florida - out in the boonies

milprileb,
    The us made Olin Flares have a expiration date on them and must be replaced about every 4 years. The Fish & Game guys and the Coast Guard have checked the expiration dates on mine during routine checks on the water. It may depend on your state.
    American by birth, Southern by the Grace of God!
    http://fantasyofflight.com/
    VENISON - It's whats for Dinner!

Wynn,

That is good info to know, I will brief the son to keep current flares in that boat.

Thumbs up 26.5mm 410/45

here are the adaptors i have them avalible they fire 410 loads/45 colt they have rifled barrel the buck shot loads are great

I just ordered two 26.5mm flare guns. One is a Polish model and the other is Czech. They are becoming VERY difficult to find. And 26.5mm flares for them are quite pricey.
    A word of caution...I have heard that the propellant used to fire these flares is black powder and you should clean the guns like you would a black powder firearm.

You can also get a .22lr caliber insert for 26.5mm flare guns. I haven't bought one because I already have plenty of .22 pistols, and also because I'm a little weary of the legality of turning a flare gun into a firearm.