Default Star firestar M43 9mm to 40 S&W conversion

Will a firestar 40 S&W slide, barrel, recoil spring and magazine fit the Firestar M43 9mm? In other words can I make a 40 S&W out of my M43 9mm by just replacing the slide, barrel, recoil spring and magazine? thanks, rj

Add an slide stop, and yes, you got it.

I am an international patron of Gunboards

The proviso being that it might be tight in some places due to manufacturing differences and minor fitting may be required. I believe (not positive on this) that the recoil spring is the same for both 9mm and .40; STAR will know for sure.

The Firestar Plus is a different kettle of fish, however.

M

Quote Originally Posted by MGMike View Post
    The proviso being that it might be tight in some places due to manufacturing differences and minor fitting may be required. I believe (not positive on this) that the recoil spring is the same for both 9mm and .40; STAR will know for sure.

The Firestar Plus is a different kettle of fish, however.

M
    Yes, what Mike says is also true, minor fitting may be needed in case the slide is a bit tight on some spots.

Regarding the recoil spring, it's not the same for the M43 and M40, being heavier the M40 one.

I am an international patron of Gunboards

I own both and can swap slides between them with no problems. I looked for a M43 9mm slide for my M40 and found it was easier just to buy a complete M43 than it was to buy the slide and all parts to convert the M40.

Quote Originally Posted by 12Bravo View Post
    I own both and can swap slides between them with no problems. I looked for a M43 9mm slide for my M40 and found it was easier just to buy a complete M43 than it was to buy the slide and all parts to convert the M40.
    And the converse is probably true. You could probably buy a M40 for less than the parts to convert a M43.
    This post contains the Amish virus. Since the Amish have no electricity or computers, you are on the honor system. Please delete all your files. Thank you

I Have A Question . Can I Use A M40 Magazine In My M43 ?