Thread: Manuf. Date on Yugo x39

Default Manuf. Date on Yugo x39

Bought a few crates of Yugo M67 7.62x39 a couple months ago and was wondering when it was made. The crates are still unopened and I can't read yugoslav. Can someone, please tell me when it was made or direct me to a site that explains the writing ?
    The 1st crate, I think, was made in Feb '76 and the 2nd made in April '91. Am I correct ? By looking at the numbers at the bottom is how I came to that assumption. Also, NK and nny are factory codes, I think, but what factory ? Is there any other info I need to know that is on the crates ? I know there is 1260 rounds of Yugo M67 in each but that's all I'm sure of.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Yugo Crate 1.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	54.7 KB 
ID:	509904Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Yugo Crate 2 Pic 1.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	52.6 KB 
ID:	509905Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Yugo Crate 2 Pic 2.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	57.3 KB 
ID:	509906

Thanks for your help.
    Forty5

NK is IGMAN and nny is Prvi. You have the dates down good. The label on the outside of the crates describes the Yugo weapons chambered in 7.62x39mm.
    "Saigon Tea, 60 P, you no buy you di di DI!"

Once in a while crates of PKI come out. I used to think it was Igman, but it is another factory that was in Macedonia. I don't think it exists now that Yugoslavia has broken up.

I think the factory was in Kosovo, although I have read of a Yugo ammo factory in Macedonia as well (I could be wrong on both counts). It is my belief that the headstamp sometimes shown as PK-I may refer to Pristina, Kosovo-Igman and it may have been a satellite of the Bosnian factory, but this is just conjecture on my part.

Following up on my previous post... the Macedonian factory's headstamp may have been SMB...
    http://www.iaaforum.org/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7969

Ok, so, '76 Igman and '91 Prvi sounds good. Thanks for your help, it's always good to know when your stash was made.
    All the tins are still sealed and undamaged so even the '76 stuff I'll bet still looks shiny and new.

Interesting on PKI - how rare is that, anyhow?