Thread: Polish Radom VIS P35 My new toy .. Can anyone help me with the year it was made?

Default Polish Radom VIS P35 My new toy .. Can anyone help me with the year it was made?

Up until last friday I had never heard of this pistol, I collect militay guns mainly the WW II era. I've been waiting for our yearly Military show to get here next week but the gun bug got the better of me so I called a few local gun stores to see what they might have. The first had a 1942 Enfield pistol but I already have a 1941 so the next day I called another store, he said he had a "random" p35 it was hard to understand really what he was saying and it was too late to go there that night. I googled random p35 and came up with radom p35 and saw a WW II pistol, I was hoping it was the same he had and would be there the next day, it was and I put it on lay away and picked it up tonight after the long 2 day wait. Now I'm just wondering what year it might be from, from what I have found online so far i'm guessing maybe around 1940 - 1941, can anyone help and or give some history on the pistol? Thank you .... Dave, P.S. ... no Military show this year Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vis1.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	327.0 KB 
ID:	511932 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vis2.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	326.1 KB 
ID:	511933

Thank you for the chart ij70, not to sound too stupid but what is the stock slot? does anyone have pictures with and without? Thanks again ... Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by justaguy View Post
    Thank you for the chart ij70, not to sound too stupid but what is the stock slot? does anyone have pictures with and without? Thanks again ... Dave.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9682c39b0b9709d396e3cc379ad1a270.jpg 
Views:	223 
Size:	49.2 KB 
ID:	511964

This way you can attach a stock to the pistol so the pistol becomes a "carbine" of sorts.

Beautiful gun!

Very interesting ... I was on the right track of thinking but had no idea the made a pistol stock that late ... last I knew was the german broom handle pistol? The more i look at this pistol the more I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by justaguy View Post
    Very interesting ... I was on the right track of thinking but had no idea the made a pistol stock that late ... last I knew was the german broom handle pistol? The more i look at this pistol the more I like it.
    They did. Here is Swedish Lahti M40.

Name:	lathikolv_txt.jpg 
Views:	217 
Size:	16.5 KB 
ID:	511976

Name:	m40kolv900w.jpg 
Views:	218 
Size:	22.5 KB 
ID:	511986

Then there are Belgian and Canadian GP-35.

Name:	10494991_1.jpg 
Views:	217 
Size:	75.5 KB 
ID:	511987

There are a few more other pistols that had a version with a stock, the German C96 is just the most famous.

cpw is offline Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member

There were also the Artillery and Navy versions of the Luger. They did not have a stock slot - rather a lug to which a stock could be attached.
    Charlie

Thank you for the great pictures ij70. Now I just need to find a holster and even with the military show here tomorrow and Saturday all my toy money is gone ... Of all the Radom P35s i've seen sell online or that are for sale i've only seen one less than mine, I paid $566 once every ones hands were out of my wallet, was thank an ok price to pay? Thanks again ... Dave.

Great find! What part of Wisconsin are you in? I would not mind that Enfield pistol. I have a friend who has a Grandfather that brought home one of these (he still owns it). Anyhow, he was army air corp so he got his hands on some clear plexi-glass. He took a "girly" pic of his then girlfriend (who ended up being his wife for decades) and put it under the plexi. He then formed the plexi into grips for the pistol with the girly picture underneath. One of my favorite stories on a great bring back pistol. Luckily his grandson knows and appreciates this stuff so it will be in safe hands for many years to come.

Joe

Dave, what part of Wisconsin are you from? I think I may have seen that pistol at the Milton gun shop. I have one too, that I would like to trade for a hipower.

Mike

Mike, yes that might be the same one ... have you ever thought about selling the one you have? Dave.

Dave, I sent you a PM.

Mike

Dave, here are the pictures of my Radom. I believe it is a Russian Capture Radom - like yours.

Mike

Name:	IMG_0274.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	203.7 KB 
ID:	517574Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0280.JPG 
Views:	22 
Size:	257.9 KB 
ID:	517575Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0282.JPG 
Views:	22 
Size:	282.6 KB 
ID:	517576Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0284.JPG 
Views:	20 
Size:	238.5 KB 
ID:	517577Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0285.JPG 
Views:	23 
Size:	242.1 KB 
ID:	517578