Default klimovsk 7.62x39?

Has anyone tried this stuff out? A few venders are carrying this stuff. A new russian ammo in the white box with black writing. Well I have lot P18 and this stuff is corrosive primed. The box says non-corrosive and is being sold that way. I have a couple of rifles with a rust gas system thanks to this stuff. Just a heads up for all...
    they are off like a herd of turtles...

A few venders are carrying this stuff..
    Like who, got a link..?? I've never heard of this stuff before, but I would be very surprised to hear of any recent production ammo in this caliber that is corrosive primed. Not saying it isn't, just asking.

I picked this batch up from ammoman. So far from the other forum sites its been Lot P18 and I am hearing lot P24... I run a nail test and it rusted up right along with the yugo 8mm and the bulgarian 7.62x39. The non-corrosive round (golden tiger) did not rust. And my control nail is still shiny.

Widener's and AIM both have it, too. The price is slightly less than Wolf WPA.

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.as...=AR76239FMJ123
    http://www.wideners.com/itemdetail.c...dir=18|830|852

The few reviews that I've seen of it are positive, but I haven't shot any of it myself.

I am not saying this is bad ammo. Just saying that the batch I have is corrosive primed!!! The box and seller says its not.

It is good ammunition, it's just Corrosive and when I bought a few cases from AIM they were advertising as Non-Corrosive, I don't believe it's there fault probably the importer (Wolf) sold it to them stating the fact, but Wolf has not been the same since partnering up with TG and this lot of 7.62 x 39mm is 100% "Corrosive", but it's great blasting ammo,

Recieved my ammo from ammoman. I contacted them and all they had to help me with is this problem is. Call wolf, they imported it. They had no time to help look into a problem with ammo they are selling. Very poor costumer service. I will never order from them again just for the reason of "not my problem" way of thinking...

I bought 2 cases of the stuff thinking it was non-corrosive........ I've shot maybe 40 rounds. Not enough to warrant a cleaning. Saw the thread and went and checked my ak. Sure enough, rusty.... Oh well. Not that big a deal to clean. I am a little upset the box clearly says non-corrosive. My ammo is all lot # P24.

I left a review on the ammo being corrosive on my lot number on the website but it has been taken off for some reason???

Even if a ammo is non corrosive, it can still cause rust. Much of that Russian ammo is very dirty and that residue does collect moisture in the air.

Quote Originally Posted by lone shooter View Post
    Recieved my ammo from ammoman. I contacted them and all they had to help me with is this problem is. Call wolf, they imported it. They had no time to help look into a problem with ammo they are selling. Very poor costumer service. I will never order from them again just for the reason of "not my problem" way of thinking...
    That response is no surprise at all .......................

I called and left a message at wolf ammo. They called back and will be taking this ammo back and sending new ammo in its place...

Just as a matter of general policy, I NEVER assume any 'military pack' surplus-type 7.62X39, 7.62X54, 9mm Makarov, 7.62X25, or just about anything I get from China or ANY former eastern-bloc country is going to be non-corrosive, no matter WHAT they say about it, or how many stacks of bibles they swear it on.

I have a half-case of Russian 9mm Makarov (the stuff that came in gray cardboard 16 round boxes, with an English language label stamped in blue on the box) sitting in my 'inactive storage' in the garage (an old upright freezer with a locking door) that was originally marked 'non'corrosive', but somebody somewhere before I got it from the distributor thoughtfully took EVERY box and marked over the 'non' with a black Sharpie.

Cleaning up for corrosive is a more stringent a process than for cleaning up for non-corrosive, but as a general policy I clean EVERYTHING after a shooting session anyway. So it takes me 15 more minutes (if that) and a couple more patches to do a 'corrosive clean-up' on a given rifle. Big deal!

Quote Originally Posted by Ronbo6 View Post
    Just as a matter of general policy, I NEVER assume any 'military pack' surplus-type 7.62X39, 7.62X54, 9mm Makarov, 7.62X25, or just about anything I get from China or ANY former eastern-bloc country is going to be non-corrosive, no matter WHAT they say about it, or how many stacks of bibles they swear it on.!
    I think this is sage advice, it wouldn't be the first time ammo sold as "non-corrosive" turned out to be otherwise, and it's great that the OP gave people a warning on this stuff. At least with regard to the big name importers like Wolf, Tula, etc., who sell the popular calibers like 7.62x54, 7.62x39, & 5.45x39, when they claim it's non-corrosive, it usually is, but you can never be too cautious about this in my experience. FWIW, I just hate corrosive ammo, I simply will not use it any weapon I own, period. I don't care how many people say it's cheaper, easy to clean, less filling & tastes great, and is more accurate than an alien laser beam. For me It's like drugs, I just choose to say no. I may be in the minority on this subject, but IMO there are plenty of alternatives to corrosive primed ammo that really don't cost all that much more.

I called and left a message at wolf ammo. They called back and will be taking this ammo back and sending new ammo in its place...
    So, would one contact WOLF or the retailer to get replacemant ammo and who would cover the shipping?

I checked the 1K that I bought, Lot P18, which appears to be one of the affected lots.

I know that the clean up procedure for corrosive ammo is not that bad but if I had wanted corrosive ammo I would have been buying Yugo. Intentional or not, what occured was fraud, a product was represented to be something that it was not. WOLF needs to make it right or an AG somewhere needs to get involved.

Quote Originally Posted by mrbullets View Post
    That response is no surprise at all .......................
    Yep that's typical Eric. He doesn't give a crap about anything especially once he's got your money. I see the same types of responses when people have a problem. If it was only a few times I'd give him the benefit of the doubt but it seems to be pretty standard with him. What I can't figure out is why people still buy from him.

Well I will not go back, even if he has a killer sale. Costumer service means alot to me. Where I work all we have to sell is costumer service and quality...

As an update, it appears this is no longer an issue. I talked to Wolf today and was told that only certain early lots of their ammo had this corrosiveness issue. They do replace if you are not happy 100% or if their ammo had been misrepresented. One can't realy expect better service than that.

Shoot all ammo and clean it like its corrosive.....never leave the range without spraying cleaner or kerosine into the dirty hot barrels....
    makes it easer to clean at the bench later....no matter how many guns!

Dirty guns never get put into the safe or left in gun sacks.......
    just my rule...my ways protecting investments!!

I use kerosine to perform heavy cleaning of oils & cosmo/grease out of metals/actions, but does kerosine trully nutralize corrosive ammo salts like soap & water? Never thought of spraying it in a warm barrel.

This is SOG ad, '' 1960 to1980s manufactured, steel case non corrosive, berdan primed ''. They have to know this 7.62 x 54 is corrosive. They have been running this same ad for a year now . I don't buy any thing from them because they don't care .

I bought a case last month for $225.00 and did not save the boxes as the ammo was transferred to a 50 cal ammo can. A green lacquered case with a 13 on the case head, maybe I got lucky and it's a new batch.

Bill
    Last edited by BCR#1; 04-25-2014 at 06:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gcp View Post
    I use kerosine to perform heavy cleaning of oils & cosmo/grease out of metals/actions, but does kerosine trully nutralize corrosive ammo salts like soap & water? Never thought of spraying it in a warm barrel.
    No, kerosene will not "neutralize" corrosive salts. Soap and water don't neutralize the salts, either, they dissolve them, just like soap and water dissolve dirt and stuff on your hands.

Quote Originally Posted by DK PHILLIPS View Post
    Shoot all ammo and clean it like its corrosive....

Dirty guns never get put into the safe or left in gun sacks.......
    just my rule...my ways protecting investments!!
    I'm with you on this. I was taught from an early age that cleaning is part of shooting. You don't shoot without cleaning immediately after the range. I've been doing this for almost 30 years now and have never had any corrosion on my firearms despite the fact that I shoot mostly corrosive ammo.