Wow, what a trigger!

Thread: Wow, what a trigger!

Default Wow, what a trigger!

A time back I got a deal on several m27 finn trigger assemblys. I have put them in various mosin nagants I have owned, for shooting, then eventually sold... saving my finn triggers.... but finally put one in my M39 this morning. I removed the original spongy finn two stage job, and set in the m27 trigger pin, and sear, and tightened it up. At first it was a smoooooth long let off.. BANG, and I bent the sear to give proper pull, then instant BANG! It now has a firmer smooth as glass pull up, to where it meets the letoff. Just a little pressure from there gives instant BANG!! Wow! Im glad I kept these. Ill save one for the next MN I break down and buy. If your looking for the ultimate trigger, get you one of these for your precision shooting. You wont regret it.

i hear you, that is why the Finns put the M27 trigger on the M28/76.

I'd like to try one of those, since I consider my M39 to be the sweetest trigger pull I've ever felt

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

Haven't had a chance to take my m39 out to the range yet...so, I have no basis for comparison...but...my m27 has a super smooth trigger!!...compares favorably to my Swiss firearms!!...
    MY FIRST TEN MOSIN NAGANTS:
    1925 Izhevsk m1891/30 Ex-Dragoon- "Katalin"
    1939 Tula m1891/30 Lam. Stock- "Irena"
    1934 Tikka m27- "Tiina-Rakel"
    1938 Tula m1891/30 Finn Captured- "Nainen Sodassa"
    1955 Type 53 Carbine- "Thu Huong"
    1944 Tikka m1891/30- "Isoäiti"
    1942 VKT m1891- "Mummo"
    1916 Tula PTG m1891 Finn'd- "Petra"
    1967 No-Maker m39- "Tuuli"
    1926-8 Bohler-Stahl m24- "Vanha Rouva"

Quote Originally Posted by themosinator View Post
    Haven't had a chance to take my m39 out to the range yet...so, I have no basis for comparison...but...my m27 has a super smooth trigger!!...compares favorably to my Swiss firearms!!...
    FYI - as I understand it not all M27s have the floating trigger. You can tell by looking if the trigger is pinned directly to the sear or not.

My M28 has a nice one.

I suggest an online trigger pull competition!

Sent from my TracFone

My Finn '91 (1900 Izhevsk) trigger isn't pinned to the receiver, is this a 'floating' trigger?

Has anyone photographed a standard & a floating trigger, side by side?

Thanks!
    A member of the 'NFA crowd',
    & also a Class II Manufacturer.

If its got a hole through the sear, with the little pin to connect it to the trigger, thats what you got. I was out trying my m39, with the m27 trigger. It does have a stronger pull than the m39 trigger, but its extremely even, the pull to the distinct stop, then just a hairs more and bang. You have even finger pressure all through the take up, and let off. I slammed the butt on the floor with it cocked, and it did not let off! It could likely be made a lighter pull, bu taking out, and bending down with needlenose pliars. No biggie. I got a spare if anyone needs one. The pin hole is much smaller than the one in the MN trigger. Fits right up there between the bosses on the reciever.

My RV27 has one of the nicest and quick and light trigger pulls of any Mosins I have ever shot. Other people who have shot it seem totally surprised by it but once you get used to it! Bill
    zeebill live from the hills of West Virginia!

Quote Originally Posted by zeebill View Post
    My RV27 has one of the nicest and quick and light trigger pulls of any Mosins I have ever shot. Other people who have shot it seem totally surprised by it but once you get used to it! Bill
    After reading your post, I just handled my m39 with m27 trigger, and it does have more pressure against the trigger to keep in position upon cocking, but once you place your finger on it, its so smoooth to push it back to the stop. (firmer than the spongy m39 2 stage trigger) The let off from there is frighteningly clean, and instantainious. Im keeping this trigger in my rock crusher m39, for everyday use here around the farm, keeping rocks from sneaking up on me while im alone.....
    Carol
    Last edited by carol tenge; 02-22-2012 at 07:50 AM. Reason: spelling corectshun

i'm not sure if they did this on all receivers that have m27 style triggers, but I have noticed quite a few with the area above the trigger polished. It makes sense since this is the area that the trigger rides on as it is pulled. I have shaded the area that is polished in the photo below:

http://

Quote Originally Posted by Flyin Brian View Post
    i'm not sure if they did this on all receivers that have m27 style triggers, but I have noticed quite a few with the area above the trigger polished. It makes sense since this is the area that the trigger rides on as it is pulled. I have shaded the area that is polished in the photo below:

http://
    That is remarkable. Always learn something everyday here on gunboard mosin. My trigger is got a stronger pull than the m39 2 stage job, but that gives great control. Again very crisp trigger release right after reaching the stop!