Default Robert W. Farris Past away last week

Just wanted to let the NFA community know that Bob Farris past away last week. Here are some links to his history.

http://www.smallarmsoftheworld.com/d...idarticles=512

http://www.koreanwar-educator.org/me...x.htm#Contents

He will be missed. One of the most knowledgeable individuals about Machine Guns that I have ever met
    Browning ANM2 MG, Ruger AC556 & S&W 76 mg.

Wow what a fascinating life! Maybe not exactly dated into the Greatest Generation but he sure lived a long and fruitful life. Had his fingers in many interesting projects and seems to have been just tickled pink to be involved in whatever it was he was assigned to everywhere he went. RIP Mr Farris
    zeebill live from the hills of West Virginia!

Bob Faris was an invaluable friend of Forgotten Weapons, and will be sorely missed.

http://www.forgottenweapons.com/you-...ssed-uncle-bob

I met Bob 16 years ago when I shortly after I arrived in Arizona. He was my house guest almost every year on Memorial Day Weekend and Labor Day Weekend when we had our "Bob Faris Memorial and Labor Day MG Shoots". Bob was the kindest most giving person I have ever met. He was always there when anyone needed help or had problems with there weapon. I remember many times when Bob spent most of the shoot trying to help some one out rather than shoot his own weapons. Bob will sorely be missed. I sure he is up there in the big shooting range in the heavens helping new shooters out as he did in life. Rest In Peace Robert.

Default 2005 Labor Day MG shoot

Quote Originally Posted by samnev2 View Post
    I met Bob 16 years ago when I shortly after I arrived in Arizona. He was my house guest almost every year on Memorial Day Weekend and Labor Day Weekend when we had our "Bob Faris Memorial and Labor Day MG Shoots". Bob was the kindest most giving person I have ever met. He was always there when anyone needed help or had problems with there weapon. I remember many times when Bob spent most of the shoot trying to help some one out rather than shoot his own weapons. Bob will sorely be missed. I sure he is up there in the big shooting range in the heavens helping new shooters out as he did in life. Rest In Peace Robert.
    Here is a picture of Bob and samnev2 (Sam's fingers) in my kicthen before the 2005 Labor Day shoot. Second picture shows part of the firing line. RIP Bob JH
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bob Faris 2005.jpg   Bob Faris 2005 (2).jpg