Default Russian WWII Reenactors

I ran across this today and thought y'all might enjoy it. Lots and lots of Mosins...

http://englishrussia.com/2012/02/29/...-victory-2012/

I want a tank.

Brings me back to the good old days... what with the marching, and the complaining, and the bad food, and the horribly cramped sleeping quarters, and the stink of makhorka (that someone managed to actually find a source for), and the threats of putting my boot up someones patoot if they don't stop wasting blanks shooting at birds on the way to the field... good times... good times...
    Signed,

Fatherandersonthepaladin
    Purveyor of fine Mosins, Hater of Bubba, and Pantsless Evil Dictator of Eggplants.

Looks like the old Finn swastika in one picture.

Stalin you probably know this. Are these re-enactments sponsored and supplied by the government? Not up on Russian firearms laws, can these men and women own these weapons? Very cool regardless.

LB

That's some bad @$# stuff there!

Thank you for posting it!

That is fun. I happen to do a couple of Eastern Front events a year and they are great. Nice to see German and Russian Armor. By the way this is in California.
    Rudy N
    1926 Izhevsk 91/30 (Ex-Dragoon)
    1929 Izhevsk 91/30 (Ex-Dragoon)
    1935 Tula 91/30
    1943 Izhevsk 91/30
    1943 Tula 91/30
    1943 Tula M38
    1944 Izhevsk M44
    1944 VKT M39
    SIG M28
    1943 SA M1Garand
    1943 Remington 1903A3
    BYF44 K98
    Saginaw SG M1Carbine

Quote Originally Posted by Lancebear View Post
    Stalin you probably know this. Are these re-enactments sponsored and supplied by the government? Not up on Russian firearms laws, can these men and women own these weapons? Very cool regardless.

LB
    In Belarus the government supports re-enacting. I believe that the government in the Russian Federation supports the re-enacting clubs, but possibly to a lesser extent than in Belarus. Without support they wouldn't be able to get the tanks and artillery or the permission to use them.

After getting a license shotguns for hunting have always been legal for private citizens, even in Soviet times. Handguns are strictly illegal as are assault rifles (auto or semi-auto). Nowadays I would guess that some bolt action hunting rifles might be allowed upon obtaining a license. I am quite sure that the re-enactors do not own the weapons that they are using during their re-enactments.

Mike

Great pictures. Boy these guys are serious reenactors to do this in that cold weather, Ray