Question What's with USFA?

What has happened to USFA? You never see them at gun shows or at gun shops anymore. Longhunter apparently gave up on them. So are they going out of business? Their website seems to be current, but where are they?

Man that's a good question. They say they're "retooling" but give no explanation as to what that means. It seems at the least that several models have been dropped. In my opinion they made the best SAAs in the past 15 years and I'd hate to see them go away.
    I'm always looking for rare varieties of 9x18 ammunition.

I agree and that's a tough thing for me to admit, being a lifelong lover of the Colt SAA going all the way back to the Lone Ranger. One dealer here in Texas declined to order one for me, stating that they were too hard to deal with. Hope they survve.

Have both their Custer battlefield and Nettleton SAAs. Hands down the best SAAs I've ever owned!

There is an ad running in the local paper for a USFA Rodeo stating that they will never be made again and on checking the website this morning I noticed that the Rodeo is not listed. Again, I hope they stay in business.

According to a Dec. 2011 email by Gary Granger posted on another website:

"The Rodeo and Rodeo II will return sometime next year but not until we catch up on the higher end products."

I suppose the higher end products equate to higher profit margin and that's what USFA needs now.

There are some USFAs trickling in to dealers but not enough to quench all the rumors of problems within the company. I sure hope they get going again.

There's nothing much left on their web page. They've dropped all but a couple of guns, don't list their prices, even removed the "ask the President" function. If I ran a business like they do, I'd be out of business in a heartbeat. I sure hate to see them go, but I couldn't afford their products anyway. Great guns, poor management from top to bottom.

What a terrible, terrible waste of talent. What beautiful work they did on those SAA's.
    To speak the truth, their actions remind me very much of the frenzy before the stock market crash of '29. "Cash In now, before it all goes down!".....Once again, we lose.
    Ilmatyynyalukseni on täynnä ankeriaita
    Min svävare är full med ål
    My hovercraft is full of eels

Want some real depressing news? Here's what they've been up to:

www.usfazipfactory.com

That truly makes me want to cry like a baby. As the "Yunguns" like to say: WTF?!

Clyde is offline Gold Bullet Member and Noted Curmudgeon

Quote Originally Posted by North Bender View Post
    Want some real depressing news? Here's what they've been up to:

www.usfazipfactory.com
    WTF?
    Absent comrades (sound of breaking glass)

Amen to that sentiment, Brother Clyde.

"In these times, I know not where to turn to find my Nation"

This is kind of ridiculous posting in a thread a year old however I just learned that USFA has shut down, emptied the building, and is gone, gone, gone! I have a Rodeo and it is a truly well made SA pistol. Ten Ring Precision has some parts and can work on them, but no more warranty work since there is no more company. Bummer!
    "I'm the dude playin' a dude disguised as another dude!"

I would love to know just exactly why they went belly-up........

My guess is bad management; that will kill any Company stone dead. Seen it happen in the Machining industry far too many times........

It is my understanding that the owner of the company is really wealthy and the company was just a toy for him. I guess he must have gotten tired of running what he was doing and decided to start building those ridiculous zip guns. I have to say he turned out some beautiful single actions and the fit and finish was far and away better than colt ever did. I think those that currently own his guns will see a significant increase in value in the years ahead....if homeland security doesn't show up to confiscate them first.

That is truly sad, but typical alas. I've seen the same in the general machining industry over the last 30 years; a small Company that is nothing more in the end but "a little money-maker". And if profits fall below some absurd level, it gets liquidated.