Thread: Norinco T54 frame with Model 213 components?

Default Norinco T54 frame with Model 213 components?

Will a frame from a Norinco T54 9mm (the picture of the item for sale shows a frame with no safety hole) work with the other components from my Norinco M213 9mm Tok? I'm wanting to swap the frame with the filled in safety hole for a frame that doesn't appear to have a safety hole. Thanks!

I have a t54 frame. and so far every part from every country I have tried has worked. when finished it'llsport a russian 1941 dated slide, a ygo trigger, a chinese barrel, russian grips. I really don'tt see any problems with your plan, unless the 213 has the 'ski slope slice'. my term for the sharp curved edge the chinese put on their later tokarevs , trying to make them look different. I never cared for that look myself . i like traditional style.
    I bought the t54 frame when tokarevs were running over 300 each, an i had the hole welded up. then the gates opened and the polish, and romanian tokarevs started coming in. When alls done, this build will probably cost me as much as 2 romaian tokarevs...

Thanks, Charles - "When alls done, this build will probably cost me as much as 2 romaian tokarevs..." - yeah, but think of the fun you've had !!!

In the picture of the T54 frame that I'm looking at, it doesn't appear to have a safety hole - it's listed as a Norinco T54 9mm imported by KSI - I thought all of the imports had a safety hole - if it's correctly described in the listing, where would a safety hole be on a T54 ??

she will look good. no ugly safety or import markings, anywhere. the grips are beautiful. I may have to put them on my brothers tokarev and get a second set. I reallly like the ww 2 wood grips.

the saftey hole on the t54 is the same as the russians. back of the frame, above the thumb. it was only drilled threw one side of the frame.the lwft side... which makes it easier to weld up.
    Some of the last chinese tokarevs to come in had a slide mounted safety. think beretta 92. these had no sagfety hole in the frame at all. and if stripped, you wouldn't have a hole to see..

And since I'll be using just the frame, with my slide and internals from a different Tok, BINGO, no safety hole ! THANKS!!

glad to help. post pics when done...

Quote Originally Posted by texas_yankee View Post
    Will a frame from a Norinco T54 9mm (the picture of the item for sale shows a frame with no safety hole) work with the other components from my Norinco M213 9mm Tok? I'm wanting to swap the frame with the filled in safety hole for a frame that doesn't appear to have a safety hole. Thanks!

No! To lazy to type much but the 213 slide and mags wont fit a 54, the slide internally can be made to fit a 54 but wont properly work in a 213 again!
    Check the other Tread where i did post why!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also all 54's including mine have the safety in the same place as the 213 never seen or heard of any Chinese with a slide mounted safety!

PS. The Frame you ordered does not seem to have a safety Hole!

Quote Originally Posted by vz58kid View Post
    Also all 54's including mine have the safety in the same place as the 213 never seen or heard of any Chinese with a slide mounted safety!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pix858154427.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	60.2 KB 
ID:	531203Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pix743963375.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	51.6 KB 
ID:	531204

Always happy to assist you with your gun education, kid. If I can help further, do let me know.

SlimTim
    Budweiser's Real Man of Genius: Mr. Gun Show Junkie

Georgians! Tennesseans! Join your neighbors in the TN/GA Shooters forum.

Somebody else had earlier said the late imports had a slide safety!
    I simply said mine and all i had seen had the safety on the side and that i had never heard of the other one!
    Just do wonder as to how well this safety worked since it seems to be a update to the older ones?

I simply said mine and all i had seen had the safety on the side and that i had never heard of the other one!
    Funny, that doesn't look like what you stated. In any case. happy to help.

SlimTim
    Budweiser's Real Man of Genius: Mr. Gun Show Junkie

Georgians! Tennesseans! Join your neighbors in the TN/GA Shooters forum.

213 slides hang over the rear edge of the 54's frame and you get A LOT of light primer strikes...

I sure hope I haven't steered anyone wrong. I have handled most of the chinese tokarevs, except the aforementioned version with the slide moounted saftey. I have had my FFL since 1989, and the tokarev was a popular pistol with my friends. I know about the 'slpoed slide' of the 213, but not all I've seen had it. just the last couple i sold way back ..
    I hope the switch works. I hate giving wrong advise. Every part I 've tried on my t54 frame has worked. I'm talking russian, romanian and yugoslavian. thus far. i just need to get a hammer pack. and a couple other parts for my build. then i'll test fire it with live ammmo.

Well, I ordered the frame, I'll have it soon enough, and I'll certainly share the results with everyone.

I am really liking these Tokarevs - does anyone have one of the hi-capacity Toks (Model 213 A, correct?) ?? How much wider are they than the regular Toks?

Apparently the frame I purchased has one of the ski slope cutouts on the back of the frame - and the slide from my 213 does not fit - so, I paid $25 in tuition to learn some more about the Tokarevs - not the end of the world.

What do I need to look for as far as a slide that'll fit correctly with this frame?

Can I assume that the other Tokarev internals will work OK?

Thanks!

Joe

I'm sorry I steered you wrong. I had forgotten about the 'ski slope' fframe/slide combo. I hesitate to advise you further, but perhaps you can try one of the Romanian, or polish frames that are around? Centerfire systems is selling incomplete tokarev's for 79.95. you can sell the parts you don't need to offset the cost.
    Again, I'm sorry I wasn't of more help.

No problem, Charles - no one knows everything - do you know which slide I should look for that'll be the right match for my frame with the ski slope cutout? Thanks!