Gunboards Forums banner

Tokarev TTC Poland 1952 7.62x25 from Classic Arms

3K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  triggermonkey 
#1 ·
Here’s the pics of my third Commie, a Tokarev TTC…Looks pretty much like the ad.
This is my third milsurp from Classic Arms and all have been really nice shape.

Made in Poland in 1952, but used very little, if at all (looks unissued with just a few tiny scrapes on slide).
The action bears some resemblance to the Colt 1911, and also to some old Browning designs.

I also picked up a case of army surplus Bulgarian ammo, which
was also made in 1952! It came in a sealed tin so looks new and I’m told it works fine.
We shall see.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I really don't 'need' another Tokarev, I just want another. especialy another Polish tt. I like where they've placed the import marking, instead of on the slide. much cleaner looking. I look forward to reading how well that bulgarian ammo works. I was tempted to buy some, but remember reading of problems some years back..

#3 ·
Well, I glommed onto 1,600 rounds (two cans), so I hope it works! If not, I have a coupla big metal doorstops.

It LOOKS like new.

:burp

This Tok is my first and I'm impressed with the overall build quality. Too bad the gummint' makes the importer put that stupid mickey-mouse safety on. Comblock guns don't need no stinkin' safety. (See "Mosin Nagant 91/30").

One minor problem, the mag release takes gorilla fingers to press in far enough to drop the mag. Looking closely, the little tab inside that engages the mag doesn't recess all the way. May need to look into a little adjustment after it gets broken in well. Maybe it just needs some range time to loosen up. Suggestions anyone?

#7 ·
One minor problem, the mag release takes gorilla fingers to press in far enough to drop the mag. Looking closely, the little tab inside that engages the mag doesn't recess all the way. May need to look into a little adjustment after it gets broken in well. Maybe it just needs some range time to loosen up. Suggestions anyone?
I just put together one of the TTC (Romanian) parts guns and had the same problem. The magazine catch stud that holds in the magazine does stick out too far. My first few attempts to remove a magazine required tools to pry it out.
To alleviate this, I took a small file and GRADUALLY reduced the height of the stud. After a couple of test runs, the mags started coming out much easier. Be careful to not go too far!
This can be done with the catch inside the gun but you have to blow out the insides with compressed air thoroughly to remove all the filings.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.