Thread: Photo's of Non-Import Mark Chinese Model 59 Makarov

Default Photo's of Non-Import Mark Chinese Model 59 Makarov

Photo's of my mint, non-import Chinese 59 and my fat cow Bulgarian holster.

Stunning! I assume that beauty doesn't see the range much. That defines the term "safe queen".

What kind of dollar value would you place on your non import marked Chi-Com Type 59.Great looking pistol!

Default Notes On My Non-import Marked Chinese Model 59

I used my wife's camera to take the photos, due to my lack of PC skill I could not even load the photos into Photo-Bucket. A trip to my FFL receiver with the photo card and those fine young men who are employed there did it for me. I did this for the members who inquired more than once for the photos. Also included photos of my "Fat Cow" Bulgarian holster. Take note that the Fat Cow holster has a pocket on the front for the cleaning rod rather than the standard loops. I purchased this holster from a seller in Sophia, Bulgaria. The pocket may be difficult to see, it is along the side of the magazine pouch.

Great looking Makarov. I'm new to these so my question; is this what I've seen referred to the 'commercial Chinese' Mak with a movable rear site?

Commercial Chinese type 59 Makarovs came with two rear sights, one fixed and one adjustable, also included with the usual instruction booklet was a small screwdriver to be used with the adjustable rear sight. Usually the right side of the slide is marked, "MADE IN CHINA BY NORINCO", below that,"MODEL 59 9x18mm". The left side of the slide is usually marked by the importer, my two have this marking, "BETA ARMS INC LA CA" and the serial number. Military/Police Chinese Makarovs have the 59SHI marking on the frame and are rather rare and command big bucks. For some reason my Chinese has no markings other than the serial number. Some of the forum members believe it may have found it's way into the US via Canada. I do believe the ZZ prefix places it with the commercial grouping.

Beautiful! Is the adjustable sight version you are referring to similar to the Russian commercial sight?

No, the Chinese adjustable rear sight is almost the same as the fixed sight. It has a very small rear blade that is adjustable only for windage and two tiny screws to do so. In photos they are at times hard to tell apart. In a profile photo, look for the tiny screw under the blade. The Makarov in my photos has the fixed rear sight.

Quote Originally Posted by Simson-Suhl View Post
    No, the Chinese adjustable rear sight is almost the same as the fixed sight. It has a very small rear blade that is adjustable only for windage and two tiny screws to do so. In photos they are at times hard to tell apart. In a profile photo, look for the tiny screw under the blade. The Makarov in my photos has the fixed rear sight.
    Wow! If only the Russians could have adopted such an adjustable sight for their commercial models.

Needful things indeed!

видеодон

Nice piece! Thank you for sharing. Regards, ABTOMAT

some years ago i was told that the adjustable site was made by a small firm in this country. it was required to pass the govts test for imports. i will check with my friend who told me , next week end and get more info. it is a nice little adjustable site.

Your Model 59 is simply stunning!

Last edited by RMF; 04-26-2012 at 10:06 PM.

Great photos! I'm glad you got around to posting them. Are the sights on this one adjustable? It's hard to tell.

Glad I finally got to see some pictures of this one. What a nice looking Makarov, no big stamped words on the slide! The big import markings on the US import Norincos take a way from the simple lines of the Makarov.

Do you shoot this one much??

Yes, thanks for the pics, that would look good in my collection!

french

It's my understanding that the Russian rear sight is actually designed for an air rifle and was the closest thing to hand when the import points question came up. they used the cheapest thing that they had available. All of the ones i have shot have a habit of adjusting themselves during firing.