Thread: jager mod 1873

Default jager mod 1873

Hello all i was given a jager italy mod 1873, in 357 magnum with a 7.7 inch barrel. it is in pretty good shape has nice ingravings on grips. also has brass trigger guard looks to have been made in the 80's. looking for opinions and any info on this pistol not much on the net about it. thanks for any help

I have an Armi Jager 1873 SAA in .44-40 that I suspect was also made in the 1980's with a 5-1/2 barrel, we got a lot Armi Jager revolving carbines down here but the pistola's are pretty rare.

Just came across your post--I have a Jager just like yours. One of the best shooting and most accurate (for me) single action revolvers I own. Came to me well-used and with a broken hand spring. Turned out the spring is an odd size and no replacement was available from the usual parts vendors. After some searching on the net, I read where a guy had used the spring from the pair of scissors on a swiss army knife (!??) So I took a chance and ordered a 10 pack of the springs (for, like $6)--it fit perfectly, gun runs great and I have 9 spares!

I like Jagers and think they're a good deal--

I have a jager from back in the seventies I believe. I was told it was made by Navy Arms. It is in 45 colt and is a very good shooter. Best regards DickClick image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0467.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	297.7 KB 
ID:	570098