Thread: Berthier M16 carbine Chatellerault 8mm Lebel $120 / FN49 Belgian bayonet $59

Default Berthier M16 carbine Chatellerault 8mm Lebel $120 / FN49 Belgian bayonet $59

Berthier M16 carbine. Gun has good bore and it fires. Reason I'm pricing it cheap is it doesn't seem to function well as a repeater. Sometimes shoots rounds out of top that are still loaded or jams. My loss may be your gain as I know little of these guns and it's not like I had a pile of 8mm Lebel ammo and clips to try to remedy the problem. 5 round clip is included

It did feed and eject fine loaded singly with some ancient Remington soft points. Gun seems complete and intact except for the stock bolt was replaced with a hardware store replacement. I believe liberty tree has replacement ones which I never got around to ordering. Also I believe these guns were made without a hand guard.

Somebody take this off my hands it's a real cool piece of WW1 history and I rather see someone fix it up and use it rather than it be a wall hanger or end up at a gun buyback. $120 firm plus actual shipping. If you happen to be in some areas of Los Angeles or Orange counties of CA I can meet for a FTF cash and carry transfer. Saves you the shipping of course. SPF

Belgian army issue FN 49 bayonet that is complete with correct original matching numbered scabbard. Pommel has nice clear Belgian proofs, including SA 30 and a crowned Jf. Blade was never sharpened. Lock button functions fine. Wood grips have original finish with some handling marks . Scabbard has no dents. Sharp clear matching serial number on throat. $59 shipped.

Payment to be made by US postal money order or Paypal plus 3.5% only money order preferred. Please ask any questions or for extra pictures before saying I'll take it. Please place I'll take it in thread if you want an item(s) and follow with PM. Saying I'll take it means just that not I have questions or that you are lowballing me nor does it mean you have "dibs" on something. Thanks for looking.

Last edited by 762x54r; 05-17-2012 at 09:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by turfmn View Post
    My local gunshops seem to not have any problems getting ammo from Walmart. They are stocked to hilt with whitebox and charge double what Walmart charges.

I'll take the Berthier, PM to follow.
    "What are you looking for???" "Old, military, unusual, weird.... What'dya got?"

Ill take seconds on the Berthier
    Turbo charger rebuilder and waste veg oil burner