One thread about this can be found here
As a life member, I am willing to sponsor others for a NRA life membership for 300 dollars. This money is payable to the NRA and not to me. I do not make a dime. If you know a life member, then he can sponsor you as well. I am not special. I believe this is a promotion because it is election year.
You can PM me for details.
For me to do this, I require you to join the Second Amendment Foundation. Send me a copy of the confirmation email that you will have to ask them for. www.saf.org the cost is 15$ and is tax deductable. They are not in competition with the NRA, but take a different approach and concentrate on litigation. These are the guys that gave us McDonald v Chicago. They have 30 lawsuits in Federal Court right now. Check out their current and past litigation at the above website. Join up, send me the confirmation email (you'll have to ask for one) and I will sponsor your NRA membership.
1.The details are that this is a regular life membership, not a neutered one
2. You do not get a jacket at this price
3. If you are on the easy pay life membership plan, your previous contributions do not count
4. The whole process is as quick as three weeks, but has taken as long as five. If you are currently a member, you will be able to follow the progress on the "member services page". In a week to 10 days, it will show your membership expiring in 2032 for some reason. Then in one to two weeks after that it will show your status as "life active" and you will get a card in the mail. Two to three weeks after that you will get a life membership packet, and it will include a card, certificate, lapel pin and all kind of other stuff.
5. You will keep your same membership number.
6. I have no idea how long it will last. I guess we will know when someone says it doesn't work
7. I do not make money off of this
And that should answer 99% of the questions I get about this.
PM me only after you have decided that you want to spend 300 dollars