Thread: Ho Chi Minh Trail Documentary (Truong Son Road)

Default Ho Chi Minh Trail Documentary (Truong Son Road)

This would be quite interesting to see. On my next trip to Vietnam, I was to see parts of this.

Documentary on Truong Son Road to be screened

Ho Chi Minh City Television and Sai Gon Giai Phong Newspaper have jointly produced a 120 part documentary film series titled “Coming back to Legendary Truong Son”, directed by Viet Binh, which is now ready for screening.

The documentary has been filmed in Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia and is a factual presentation of events on the legendary Truong Son Road during the war and reflects images of historical sites and the daily lives of ethnic minority groups living along this route.

The film is a long journey with many moving stories of Truong Son soldiers, and showcasing the close relationship between Vietnam and Laos.
    "Don't you have anything better to do than to troll gunboards"? Mauserboy48

"But broadly accurate, probably." Clyde

-produced by- Shameless Self-Promotions Inc. All rights reserved

Clyde is online now Gold Bullet Member and Noted Curmudgeon

We really needed to have done a better job of interdicting that operation. BUFF loads of scatterable mines, maybe.
    Absent comrades (sound of breaking glass)

No doubt, if this is true, its going to be on CD and for sale down in Pham Nu Lao area which is 2 blocks from my house in Saigon. I'll be there shortly and advise if the film is available.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/ima...283155&s=books Looked at this today. Very beautiful book. $15.00 at Ollie's. Everyone should read this.

Interdiction of every imaginable kind was deployed at one time or another-seen lots of those mines.
    The trail was a vast network and not just a single road or path.
    Some was paved There were huge caches and sanctuaries all up and down it
    They had crews just standing by to repair bomb damage and keep the comrades moving.
    You have to give them credit for effort and tenacity.
    Reason for the Cambodian incursion was to destroy lots of that stuff and help cover our withdrawal

I worked in mission planning and our most common target was "suspected truck park." I suspect we destroyed thousands of trees for each truck.

right in the middle of Gods little waiting room

Most of our squadrons activity was concentrated around bombing trucks and personel on the Ho Ci Trail. Cluster bombs, Napalm, etc Couldn't stop them. got to hand it to the bastards, shows you what determination and deprivation can accomplish.
    Oldgoat46
    " In Biblical times Samson slew 40,000 Philistines with the jawbone of an ass. Everyday an equal number of sales are killed by the use of the same weapon."