Default 11mm Mannlicher vs. 11mm mauser?

Is 11mm mannlicher ammo compatible with 11mm (43) mauser ammo?
    I have seen people selling one for the other.
    Will they replace each other? I have compared the cases they are slightly different this is why I ask?
    And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

They are not compatible. Although there are supposedly a variety of 11mm Mannlicher rounds, the one generally encountered has a head diameter of approximately .543. The head diameter of the 11mm Mauser round is significantly smaller at approximately .516.

One way compatability: the 11mm Mauser will fit and fire in a 11mm Mannlicher Chamber, but NOT vice versa. Also, there will be a lot of Gas Blow-back and maybe a split case if you do try it. Also there may be problems of extraction with the undersized rim (of the Mauser compared to the Mannlicher).

regards,
    Doc AV

11 mm mannlicher is the same ammo as for the werndl rifles ,good 11 mm mannlicher rifles are hard to find they have mostly damaged barrels on the muzzle area ( dark ring under front sight and balloned barrel ) I think they never learnd to clerTHINK IN CHILI

sorry lost my text, I would write ,they never lea
    ght

there is something wrong with my apparature ,so I try again ,they seldom cleaned there rifles in chili ,or never learned it ,whow I did it !!!!!!
    finaly
    greetings
    jarmann

Having a bad day? I've had them too. By the way, it's Chile for the country, chili for the bowl of food, and up here where I live it's chilly. You should be able to go back and rewrite posts if you want, just hit the edit button at the bottom that shows up after you've posted.
    Never send cash

thats funny because my Chilean 1886 Mannlicher looks pretty rough but the bore is AMAZING. whoever used my rifle only cleaned the bore

Mine too! Although it doesn't have any actual Chilean marks on it, it probably is.
    My own virtual museum, growing one entry at a time. Keep checking back!
    http://militarygunsofeurope.eu/

Just got a Cillian Mannlicher and that had rust all over with some fairly deep pitting hidden by the stock, but the bore is like new and no bulge near the muzzle. Cleaned up well. Now to make some reounds and get down the range.
    Ted
    Ted
    Vintage military rifles are my aim in life

Sorry so late getting in on this thread, but see that Doc AV says a Mauser 11mm will fire from a Mannlicher and a Mannlicher uses the Werndl round? 11.15x58R. Does this mean i can fire 11mm Mauser ammo in my Werndl? And, if so, does anyone know a source? I have found Werndl rounds at Buffalo Arms and heard that Gad's is going to start making them (but the site is not updated....) I'm not quite ready to reload.

Thanks!

johnny

Nick is offline Super Moderator/Diamond Bullet member

Quote Originally Posted by johnny.50 View Post
    .. Doc AV says a Mauser 11mm will fire from a Mannlicher and a Mannlicher uses the Werndl round?
    Not really. Patrone M.86 (Mannlicher) is dimensionally identical with Patrone M.77 (Werndl), but has a heavier bullet of harder alloy and is more powerful.
    "It's impossible to grasp the boundless" - Kozma Prutkov

"Бросая в воду камешки, смотри на круги, ими образуемые; иначе такое бросание будет пустою забавою." - Козьма Прутков

"A який чоловiк горилку не пье - то вiн або хворий, або подлюка." - Невідомий українець

Yes they are compatible here is my old post with picts
    Two full Mannlicher stripper clips of 11mm Mauser ammo in excellent condition, dated 1887. You will receive 10 rounds of 11mm Mauser with lubed paper-patch bullets. These are early black powder metallic cartridges. Also included are a total of four original stripper clips (two are empty).Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pix214649257.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	65.3 KB 
ID:	605359Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pix153852888.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	62.4 KB 
ID:	605360Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pix709159453.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	35.8 KB 
ID:	605361