Gunboards Forums banner

11mm Mannlicher vs. 11mm mauser?

8K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  doobers44 
#1 ·
Is 11mm mannlicher ammo compatible with 11mm (43) mauser ammo?
I have seen people selling one for the other.
Will they replace each other? I have compared the cases they are slightly different this is why I ask?

#2 ·
They are not compatible. Although there are supposedly a variety of 11mm Mannlicher rounds, the one generally encountered has a head diameter of approximately .543. The head diameter of the 11mm Mauser round is significantly smaller at approximately .516.

#3 ·
One way compatability: the 11mm Mauser will fit and fire in a 11mm Mannlicher Chamber, but NOT vice versa. Also, there will be a lot of Gas Blow-back and maybe a split case if you do try it. Also there may be problems of extraction with the undersized rim (of the Mauser compared to the Mannlicher).

regards,
Doc AV

#7 ·
Having a bad day? I've had them too. By the way, it's Chile for the country, chili for the bowl of food, and up here where I live it's chilly. You should be able to go back and rewrite posts if you want, just hit the edit button at the bottom that shows up after you've posted.

#10 ·
Just got a Cillian Mannlicher and that had rust all over with some fairly deep pitting hidden by the stock, but the bore is like new and no bulge near the muzzle. Cleaned up well. Now to make some reounds and get down the range.
Ted

#11 ·
Sorry so late getting in on this thread, but see that Doc AV says a Mauser 11mm will fire from a Mannlicher and a Mannlicher uses the Werndl round? 11.15x58R. Does this mean i can fire 11mm Mauser ammo in my Werndl? And, if so, does anyone know a source? I have found Werndl rounds at Buffalo Arms and heard that Gad's is going to start making them (but the site is not updated....) I'm not quite ready to reload.

Thanks!

johnny

#12 ·
.. Doc AV says a Mauser 11mm will fire from a Mannlicher and a Mannlicher uses the Werndl round?
Not really. Patrone M.86 (Mannlicher) is dimensionally identical with Patrone M.77 (Werndl), but has a heavier bullet of harder alloy and is more powerful.

#13 ·
Yes they are compatible here is my old post with picts
Two full Mannlicher stripper clips of 11mm Mauser ammo in excellent condition, dated 1887. You will receive 10 rounds of 11mm Mauser with lubed paper-patch bullets. These are early black powder metallic cartridges. Also included are a total of four original stripper clips (two are empty).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.