Thread: Inglis Hi Power Parts Question

Default Inglis Hi Power Parts Question

I remember before the "internets" there was a gentleman that advertised out of Shotgun News who had a large supply of HP parts. Is he still around? I think he might have authored a book on them. I'd really like to find some original Inglis HP parts and was wondering if there was anywhere to go, besides Nuemerich.

CW,

I have been looking for parts and with no luck.

With the remaining Canadian pistols being scrap the pistols out of service I am unsure if any part sources remain. I will continue the quest and if I find a source I will be happy to share.

Paddy

I've gotten a few Inglis parts out of the UK.
    Always looking for interesting 7.62x25 Tokarev and 7.63 Mauser cartridges!!!
    Member: International Ammunition Assoc. (IAA), European Cartridge Research Assoc. (ECRA). Ask me about membership!

Try sarco inc they have frames and slides.

Hmmm, I wonder if some of the trigger parts from other Hi Powers could be used or adapted?

This was part of the problem with the John Inglis Ltd made GP35. The Inglis parts will interchange between the Inglis made pistols (for the most part) but FN made parts will often have to be heavily custom fit to work in an Inglis made GP35. By the 1960s-70s this became a real problem for those countries using Inglis made GP35 as the only supply of spare parts was eminating from canabalized decommisioned and DP pistols. These parts often were worn in their own right prior to being reused on issued pistols.

I thought there were a lot of Indian GP35 parts coming in that are Inglis copies. In fact for a while people would buy an Inglis frame and side from Numrich/GPC and complete it with Indian parts to make a C&R-able Hi-Power.

"Brave men tell the truth, a wise man's tools are analogies and puzzles. A woman holds her tongue, knowing silence will speak for her"--Royksopp

In R. Blake Stevens Browning High Power book there is a section about the British contacting FN about what parts and assemblies would be interchange with their Inglis High Powers. FN compared the pistols and sent them a list which is in the book showing what FN made parts and assemblies could be fitted into a Inglis.
    NavyGunner

I'm a political refugee from the Peoples Republic of Massachusetts

I do not wish to insult or upset anyone but even the Irish dropped BHP in favor of the USP as service pistol.......Perhaps it's time for you boys to get something more modern for which parts are readily available.

*sigh* Slavico, I fear your future here at gunboards is rather limited if you don't stop trolling. You have already succeeded in annoying two moderators (that I know of) with these types of posts.

This is a collectors forum. If you're interested in discussing modern handguns, there is a forum for that.
    Last edited by Looter; 05-29-2012 at 11:32 AM.

AMEN !
    Quote Originally Posted by Looter View Post
    *sigh* Slavico, I fear your future here at gunboards is rather limited if you don't stop trolling. You have already succeeded in annoying two moderators (that I know of) with these types of posts.

This is a collectors forum. If you're interested in discussing modern handguns, there is a forum for that.
    My idea of border control is m-60 machineguns every 100yds with interlocking fields of fire.

Quote Originally Posted by CW View Post
    I remember before the "internets" there was a gentleman that advertised out of Shotgun News who had a large supply of HP parts. Is he still around? I think he might have authored a book on them. I'd really like to find some original Inglis HP parts and was wondering if there was anywhere to go, besides Nuemerich.
    Try this place....if he has what you looking for it will likely cost a lot.
    http://blueridgegunparts.com/

I just don't get you Slavico, but thanks for the link.

As it turns out, the only thing that appears to be missing is the magazine safety and spring. I'm also in need of a new trigger spring. Bought them all on Gunbroker. Thanks again everyone.

Something more modern? The Brits are still using the Hi-Power. Canada has lots of NEW Hi-powers that they still haven't issued.

I bought some a few years ago from marstar in Canada. You may consider them in the future.

Thanks lpcullen. I will give them a try.
    Paddy